F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I thought so at first but it did quite fine on the way back from our Mackinaw trip. Temps outside went from low 70's to high 80's from north of Milwaukee to west and I hardly noticed it till looking at the temp indicatior after my wife hooted, "HOLY CRAP, look at the outside temperature!"

I think when the cab gets hot while sitting it just takes a while to get the furniture cooled off. I stuck the thermometer in the vent and am getting right around 44 degrees there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Recycle button is a big help, i was going to take mine back until i hit that button and it made a big help. Also tint your windows!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
There is just simply no tool to resolve the Texas heat. I don't know about y'all, but I have never turned my AC down in the summer and said "I'm too cold!"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very disappointed with my 2013 KR EB A/C system. It can not keep cool post about 88 degrees outside.

Ford changed something since 2009 as my F150 Lariat 4x4 was an ice box at any outside temp in Texas. 105 outside very cold in the truck! Best AC I have ever had in a vehicle.

My new EB's AC is downright pathetic.
Going back to dealership again on Friday.

I think it is a regulator type issue. Keep truck under load and AC stays cold. Let off gas to maintain a crushing speed on highway and AC goes into a funk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here in Guam it's usually between 90 and 100 degrees with insane humidity levels. I keep my climate control on 72 because it gets too cold!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have noticed that at times the a/c does not seem to blow as cold as most days. However if you use the recirculate button it keeps up with keeping cool. As a side note my truck is Tuxedo Black, I live just south of Dallas and I had my sun roof tinted which helps a lot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've found in recent days that taking it off auto, and using max AC helps. That keeps all air coming out of the dash vents. On auto I noticed the air is diverted to floor as well.
FYI - my other ride is a 97 MB SL500 and I use max AC this time of year - and the top is down. That little car has tons of AC, which I do divert to the foot wells.
Keeps me cool at the stop lights.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
On the way home from our camping trip it varied from 100-105. We kept the temp at 72 because any colder and it was uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
heater core bypass.jpg Hello All

Just traded my 2005 F150 in for a 2013 FX4 with the Eco Boost.

On my 05, as with most newer f150's the air and heater cores are only separated with a small blend door. If you install a 1/2 inch ball valve in the heater hose going to the heater core and in the how eather close it, your a/c temps at the vent will drop dramatically!! I did this on my 05 and WOW what a differance.

You gotta remember many vehicles have a vacume acuated valve to do this so it causes no harm. You never have no fluid in the heater core because it's a sealed system under pressure but your not alowing HOT fluid to run through from the engine.

When you want heat again just open the valve. I'll post picks when I get a chance.
I close it in the hot summer and when temps start cooling run it open. I also open it every few weeks to move fluid.

Lots of info on f150online.com and pics.

I can say it works great and you'll have your ice cold air!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
fast6
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing