F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to the forum but have been searching/reading for a few weeks. I currently drive a Civic Si coupe but with our first child on the way I'm looking to get a 4 door vehicle. I owned an extended cab Silverado before and was planning on just getting a crew cab...until someone suggested the Ecoboost F150. Well after doing quite a bit of research and a test drive later, I'm sold on the Ecoboost. Now I understand pricing really varies from purchase to purchase, I'm just trying to get a good guide down. I'm located about 45 minutes west of Chicago. I've been looking for used F150 boost but they are all around 29-30k used. All I'm looking for is a 4x4 XLT screw with the convenience package(rear view cam, sliding rear window, etc)...so basically nothing special. For that price, if i could get new around that price why wouldn't I? The cheapest I've seen so far for new is about 32-33k(which usually states after all rebates) Does it seem reasonable that I could actually pay less than $30k otd(ttl included)? Is there somewhere(dealer, location etc) anyone suggests looking/buying from? I'm planning on selling my car outright(still have a loan on it) but if I can't sell it then will just trade it in. I wouldn't mind having to drive a little to find a good deal...ie surrounding states to IL as long as the price is right.(Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky). My last question is does anyone know when the 14s are coming out? I would think I could get a better deal on a 13 if the dealers are trying to get rid of them to make room for the 14s. I'm not in a rush time wise, although I'd prefer to purchase before the end of the year. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
The biggest problem I see with these F150's is that they aren't dying to make a deal. The truck will sell, whether it's to you or another person, regardless.

I'd find the closest deal to what you want and jump on it. I traded in because the rebates outweighed the private resale.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I bought mine from Al Piemonte in Melrose Park. I used X Plan, but still negotiated and paid less than 30k otd. They low ball big time on trade-ins so try to sell on your own before you go there.

If you know anyone that works for Ford or did, try to get an xplan pin and you can save quite a bit.

Good luck with the search and keep us posted.

SPPD

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm looking for is a 4x4 XLT screw with the convenience package(rear view cam, sliding rear window, etc)... The cheapest I've seen so far for new is about 32-33k(which usually states after all rebates) Does it seem reasonable that I could actually pay less than $30k otd(ttl included)?.
I'm going to say no way will you be at $33k total otd for a XLT S-Crew Ecoboost 4x4 with those extras.

I have the same thing on order (minus the convenience package) and am at ~$37k otd with taxes and everything... granted I'm in CA and we pay 8% tax, but still. Anything under $35k total otd for a S-Crew EcoBoost 4x4 seems fishy. Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I see a lot of people claiming 12k off msrp in other states, but I highly doubt that is possible in California

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was quoted/ negotiated 36k out the door in NC for the truck you are talking about. I ended up going for a 2012 fx4 for 35k. The 13 xlt was a better deal but I really like the look and the console with the fx4 even though I had to go without the back up camera and trailer brake control. I ended up adding both for $250. And that is with camera monitor in the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks guys for the replies. When it gets closer to buying time I will have to shop around and see what I can find. Just trying to get a baseline for pricing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I saw today a sale ad in the paper from the dealer I took the test drive at...it said $9500 off MSRP on a 2013 screw XLT 4x4...and the asterict for price said MSRP $37k...so that would put it under 30k before tt&l. So I'm going to see what they can do and make a few phone calls. I'm also going to try and list my car privately to see if I get any bites. I'll update when I find out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Trucks are only getting more and more expensive, you only live once get what you want and how you want it. Ford makes great trucks, keep up with maintenance and it will serve you well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I emailed a bunch of dealers and am working on trying to get the best price. I sat down with one today who had the truck listed the lowest right around $35k with everything I wanted. Unfortunately the best possible price they could give me out the door with my trade and rebates was about $37k. Initial MSRP was $43k...I'm also looking out of state. I may just be wanting something that's not possible. But, thankfully I've got time so I'm sure eventually I'll find the deal. I was a little put off when the sales manager came out to talk to me and I mentioned seeing the exact same truck listed for $31k, he basically laughed and said "when you find out its fake, we'll still be here, hopefully your truck will be too." The salesman also told me they had 2 used XLT screws on the lot but they were the 5.0(I looked online after and it said both were Ecoboost motors and within my price range). Needless to say I won't be going back there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I paid 37 otd for my 13 screw ecoboost w convenience package, longbed, bedliner and a few extras. It's a Texas edition and sticker was 46,100
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
495 Posts
2012 Texas edition 4dr with tow pkg( not heavy duty tow) purchased as a repo with 3700 miles drive out for 29k. Sticker was 39n change (had a dealer buddy reprint original sticker for us) save10k for under4k mi still have same warranty 3/36
Buying new is a rip off look for a clean low mi repo. We waited and looked for several months for the right one to pop up.
The dealer not you will always come out ahead regardless of what you perceive as the outcome

Bought off bank lot NOT dealer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I forgot to mention that I went a drove an 11 silverado cc w/ 5.3L just to see a comparison. I wanted to see if it was any different from the 07 I owned. I know it was used so it may not be a fair comparison to the ecoboost(only driven two new ones), but I can honestly say I didn't like it. So much road noise, didn't like the acceleration or braking, and the interior felt so plain and dated compared to the F150. Anyways, working with a dealer now about 3 hours away on a nice 2012 f150, if we can work the numbers I'll pick it up tomorrow(as long as it looks and drives as nice as it looks in the pictures).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts