F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my Tremor FX2 back in March, 46K miles for $21K. Basically stock and a beat on bed, damn aluminum... :)

R7cdDsUgOhEUf5it_XgPH3PTqyHWPX0CNfWac-hdvuthRpcq-P-1JPc_8fM52uWaAxJn9ueN7SHYNlsNQuJDXuY8tamGCcqq.jpg

_So6pzEhBj73pilA9EYWd-gTE2yJFGYVUOZMZyVCqfLYSmXtiMJ96KyChMfpV-HJ9CKrA8G9YAQsvtcqAtdZsIBk3UFziW34.jpg

I ordered the Belltech 971sp lowering kit and VA specialties traction bar kit back in March but it sat for the summer.
Picked up where I left off in September with a GrillCraft Grill for the truck at AutoAnything with 20% off coupon they were running.
CVTz6xHzCZpPe6dYpvyATAe4bTi2rDTh_ft9IauGPPzxQYNrIzoWNvF1w1MjH3udoT3zZzyIY5VKgzuCYrAHKKHBn54EU1F6.jpg

In October I installed the Belltech (finally) along with DJM 2" control arms up front. I overlowered it so I'm in process of raising it currently. Ended up 5/7 and that is too much!

Next step is Borgart 18x12 wheels with 325/45R18 drag radials and some track time. :) Truck currently is tuned by MPT for 91 and is a beast, need to get a 100 octane tune soon. :)

vZlf1vYPIbLQ6vxZ0MHWHzdY_7KiQLKLo5GCTKSpwgiQZnoWEgC380V9TZAmp2kv_oGfc9gZ6IEljnaf2G2ouPE1GAyKtc4f.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And a long or short block
Yup, I found I get cost on the cool rods and pistons, just need to get the bottom end built. :) Somebody promised me a free engine but dunno what happened to that....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
pics don't work for me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's the suspension updates, the pinion angle is off as the truck was fine until 70 then massive vibration but they'll handle it Monday.
Fzd9JTXMF6TXuy_8UN5S7yzbRBRnwp8syKuNev_tbEeCx19mEjTOYL6tdYfk_89lfROmAvJ203T2gJbq2onxGmQx8DRuSP8A.jpg 1xm2KD-2ripX1v8lHsfhbd08wjW9djWz1UcT5AD-xDLTIUhMYkJk43OzobPOxPH3b4D9t0RAv0I8VnxGYcU7ogpzxte2ojqg.jpg PRrShgR_7FkLZLDrNYrKfr1coVL-9GRIItRUxOndX-cw-nGo6C7TH4wrf3GAm-aLMpEggmNwwyhmff5tFJ_wj_Qc5rX79oV1.jpg Pycayo41BMUnNYx2EZSNibthrf8281SFuVY_JIu0qdWsbmnAuquLITDBrT5zaPAlWaDBHGGOlrMPyKZP9fN5oadJUQBM9Tmm.jpg Qe5ATIH7ZtElNh3OHBZc6iXFJG0mVH3y13OigZhjUZCypsWvX7PrindRAd3iWMf7EcqZXLxP3XTBBf7C324GcG9D553vTOyJ.jpg Y48t02fMO_2dZWRXNi56HusXYw9VWZiUv-IbkfHUK0YCExGVcgwXLAuWOi037b09KVrQpcaBvmnCD7Baz_i9O73oURFNKJ5w.jpg bWrQE_Trv3YSCqobQAFdt_IYuhaYO7JmGgAghx0vUFSCPCDR2kzlLmVim0UEN7vUHqbnHpfrYg3tHSr7ytznEeM3iF_b-Lo4.jpg 8m2dZNwFbedeo_1DgjI_DyULG35blF-jCzKd9zVqi2FDrkW6lziJkG8uBcY3B9g5DGM8jBbpz_IKK1pOxiupP3oTeW20AnlW.jpg ZktLaXrhizJt2rCS8i845s84bMHKpNcbOyEg1_k9aT2MSLP390t3KdBjfzcAFScVZllMzxfYjPAFHYy56qDVL5vwR2a4VFRY.jpg ysFNzYovEhRVAKRqWOtl0mpcMqsS20iY_jxIsiS23GOY_CWPxx78JfFGZt9N3JXC2phdPa8Lyyd4VvwkE_mpkPSYjBnSvNa4.jpg

Lots of room for 18x12's and doing new downpipes (temporary) until we put twins in the bumper. :)
I had them cut the muffler off as well, it's on in the pictures, I'll probably have an out the side pipe done tomorrow morning so it's not so loud in the cab at WOT but it's really not terribly loud. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
More fun today! We cut the muffler off yesterday so I wanted to get something to side exit the truck to make it more bearable. The shop I found said they'd also install the MAK 3" catless DP I had laying around for another $100!!!! I asked him to give me some additional clearance so he was able to make a new crossover pipe for the passenger side and allow me to get better ground clearance. $180 total installed, going to go back and get a muffler installed and the 3" boost activated cutout I have in the garage.

a6JC3aSUW4sgXdPEn-klPjiOSrsh3aez1NtW-rMlWP_CVv8pLTTKw9QKyhEOU5QeZeAECD6lbhEMOGObjK1JW_e8JeUpue8U.jpg
lSf8qzs9BY0pDa8rSLhjEmBiUJcsf0CNX7cfx2tUDT5LHar8jxSLr5Mm7UkUFXeWPxAeYywub0nXUqNYuBou33IKHxEi2PdF.jpg
mEssOr0E-RWEhwvwtXuZOBOcdPsbzIr6gTj2M7YV_y4TILf1uXbso52JQZAnoBF_5zWkWaFCQaCHaiXXnn3A96vqyrRsi1bb.jpg
TLICw78JddSVE2FnwrVRFzD2ivTb21ediV8EUpyxdBYQ3u-Nf_Qg_6SQXlV9r-EuBiFw0sYrayKa2qEdebFCSwILG0RnGp4h.jpg

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Looks pretty good to me! Are you leaving it at that ride height?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks pretty good to me! Are you leaving it at that ride height?
Yes for now, I'm really considering bagging it but bags and drag racing don't go together

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Muffler ordered, once that arrives I'll get that welded in as well as my boost activated cutout I've had for YEARS.
Also have a 2 step in the garage and need to wire up the trans brake (just some relays tapped into factory wiring)
Need to order my drag radials this week too!! :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Yes for now, I'm really considering bagging it but bags and drag racing don't go together
Why not? Are they not NHRA allowed? I'd think a solid 4 link setup with bags would be great for racing.
I know I get TONS of spring wrap on a hard launch.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not? Are they not NHRA allowed? I'd think a solid 4 link setup with bags would be great for racing.
I know I get TONS of spring wrap on a hard launch.
I have no spring wrap now with the VSS bars, I'm concerned about being able to handle the compression and rebound at various pressures, would add more things to have to adjust.
I was considering doing 4 link suspension and then create a mount to adjust the top mounting point for rear coilovers, up front would be a bag setup.
If I could afford the hydraulic adjustable coilovers that are like $6K....
:)

Been looking at nitrous kits last night today, if I follow the same setup as my Flex should be low 12's pretty easily if not better. Definitely will do better than 1.9 60' in the Tremor once I get the DR vs my Flex's best 60'

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have no spring wrap now with the VSS bars, I'm concerned about being able to handle the compression and rebound at various pressures, would add more things to have to adjust.
I was considering doing 4 link suspension and then create a mount to adjust the top mounting point for rear coilovers, up front would be a bag setup.
If I could afford the hydraulic adjustable coilovers that are like $6K....
:)

Been looking at nitrous kits last night today, if I follow the same setup as my Flex should be low 12's pretty easily if not better. Definitely will do better than 1.9 60' in the Tremor once I get the DR vs my Flex's best 60'
How hard was the nitrous kit to set up on your flex? I've been wondering about something similar for the SHO. I'm guessing you'll be using an auxiliary fuel system as well.
Just have to finish the truck build first, and the Sho's mine to play with.:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Super easy on the SHO/Flex just use a Male to Female quick connect with -6AN fitting in it for fuel for the 75 wet shot.
On the truck I'll have to do something like that on the inlet of the HPFP.
No aux fuel, just stock low pressure setup, on the truck I'll drop in a better fuel pump as it just swaps out, the SHO it won't but still plenty of fuel.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 419 Posts
About this Discussion
418 Replies
38 Participants
mtxpert
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing