F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

381 - 400 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
Test fit of the heat exchanger I was going to squeeze in but it's too big so another is it's way. Also took a picture after a wash today. Love the way this truck looks now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Truck is nice. But I hope since you can see through your grill you can center it. Because if it were mine that would drive me crazy.
Nice job.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Truck is nice. But I hope since you can see through your grill you can center it. Because if it were mine that would drive me crazy.
Nice job.
Yup that's why another is on it's way :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #386 (Edited)
Found the heat exchanger that works perfect. Next weekend the intercooler, tank and pump mount will be fabbed up. Also reaching out to the manufacturer to have all the connections on the back side so front is clean.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just remember with the killer chiller be careful if you run it at the track, with ac on it drips water and if track officials see it they will throw a fit. Or rig up a diaper or something so you don’t drip water on track. An ice box in the bed is more suited
For track runs, just put valves so you can bypass heat exchanger when you are using ice box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Did a thing today

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #391

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
Making progress on the manifold spacer for aux fueling :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Some pictures from our weekend trip to finalize our renuptials in Sedona this July for our 25th anniversary. Wife even suggested I take some pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I didn't think it was possible, but that truck looks even better in the wild.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
Yeah that may be the nicest looking f150 ever.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Wow thanks a million

·
Registered
4,427 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #399 (Edited)
Got busy last weekend so no intercooler progress, will be another few weeks now, possibly past the re-wedding in July.
Manifold spacer is getting closer, looking forward to testing that as well soon.
Also very heavily thinking about swapping a rear CTS-V subframe into my truck. I use it as a car and the ride is **** compared to the V and the V weighs the same on the rear axle as my truck. 3.23 LSD diff that supports 8's with the V will easily support the 600-700WHP I'm shooting for in my truck. I can move to coilovers and add load bags in case I need to put something in the bed. Just need to make a rear subframe to allow the cradle to bolt in. This would change my bolt pattern to a 5x120. Good thing is I can share my drag pack setup from the V to the truck with my 315 Pros MT drag radials and open up a ton more wheel options.
My V has put down 1.4 60' on stock diff without flinching on 17" DR and many in the 1.2 60' so the IRS works well.
Would be a crazy awesome swap, just need to figure out the ABS reluctors so that the V diff has the same teeth as the stock 9.75" diff. Same amount of reluctors, one per wheel.
Would be a sweet project.

EDIT: just looked on ebay and found exactly what I needed, I have stock axles, brakes for a 15" conversion, just need a diff which are listed often for cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2015-CTS-V-Complete-Rear-Suspensions-Crossmember-Swap-Bare-71K-CTSV-CTS-V/143214505079?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
Bought it, should be here next week. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Looks like I'll have to redo the front hubs in 5x120 bolt pattern as well to match my CTS-V rear diff from 6x135 87.1 hub bore to 5x120 66.9 hub bore. Going to be lots of fun on this one.

Found some wheels already 21x9 +35 for temporaries until I can get my BC Forged ones made:

381 - 400 of 417 Posts
About this Discussion
416 Replies
38 Participants
mtxpert
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing