F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Air to water intercooler, everything will bolt together and be mounted up front. This should easily outperform every air to air setup out there and with a killer chiller far surpass it. I can't wait to finalize and test.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
We're not going to use the brackets on the actual water to air intercooler, instead brackets from the water reservoir (large box across frame rails) will have brackets to bolt the intercooler onto and the heat exchanger will also bolt to that. Nice modular design with built in water pump mount and mostly hard lines connecting everything. The reservoir is backwards right now, I have one coming from my supplier with just blank end tanks and the core so we can weld up and modify as we need.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
HUH? You said the 60 pump was for the Tremor but you instead put it on the Lincoln and you wouldnt be trying e85 on the Tremor for a while. Does it have the 60% pump now too? Is that the only fuel modification and it can handle it (duel system)?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
HUH? You said the 60 pump was for the Tremor but you instead put it on the Lincoln and you wouldnt be trying e85 on the Tremor for a while. Does it have the 60% pump now too? Is that the only fuel modification and it can handle it (duel system)?
I put a 35 on the Tremor, 60 on the Lincoln both on E85 now. Need intercoolers for both, my air to water is almost done for the Tremor

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I put a 35 on the Tremor, 60 on the Lincoln both on E85 now. Need intercoolers for both, my air to water is almost done for the Tremor

Ok but it is able to handle full e85 on stock pump and injectors with just the 35%? Everyone else says this is not possible, including the company that makes the pump. They say it can onyl work on stock tune. more boost does not work.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Ok but it is able to handle full e85 on stock pump and injectors with just the 35%? Everyone else says this is not possible, including the company that makes the pump. They say it can onyl work on stock tune. more boost does not work.
So far so good, our pump in AZ is E54 currently except for one station so that's what I'm running. I've maxed my truck currently due to the intercooler, just have to finish the water to air to push it more but so far so good. There's a guy on FB in the Tremor group, actually 2 who are doing the same thing, Brian Mitchell has more mods and is pushing his pretty far already. We'll see :) I do have a manifold with aux injector bungs as a backup to add on if needed. :)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I am interested to see the data. I hope you follow up, if I can run e85, i wll get a pump.

What do you mean you maxed out the intercooler? I applaud your work on the water to air but it is not needed, a drop in intercooler keeps 10 above ambient, it is more cost effective and easier to do lol.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
I am interested to see the data. I hope you follow up, if I can run e85, i wll get a pump.

What do you mean you maxed out the intercooler? I applaud your work on the water to air but it is not needed, a drop in intercooler keeps 10 above ambient, it is more cost effective and easier to do lol.
I can get below ambient with an air to water, well below. Nothing special in the Tremor group, just guys with tremors

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I can get below ambient with an air to water, well below. Nothing special in the Tremor group, just guys with tremors

Ya, but that scenario is only if packing with ice, which lasts one drag race run.....unless you are going to run a killer chiller type thing too?

Looking forward to e85 testing reports.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Ya, but that scenario is only if packing with ice, which lasts one drag race run.....unless you are going to run a killer chiller type thing too?

Looking forward to e85 testing reports.
I do have one in the garage to use.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
No logs, installing air to water this Friday hopefully so I can then get some decent logs on the truck. Will be doing a boost activated cutout that will bypass the mufflers then feed back into the tailpipe hopefully next weekend. Between those two things and the E85 and cooler weather hoping for some LOW 12's/high 11's for SCT here in Phoenix Oct 12th. I signed up for the DD 12.0 dial in class.

401 - 419 of 419 Posts
About this Discussion
418 Replies
38 Participants
mtxpert
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing