F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not an Ecoboost Truck but still a 2012 F150....Figured we would show you guys some of the work we do in house with the F150 trucks. We have already done some work on this customers truck. We dropped the truck, installed an in front of the rear tire catback, and installed the new Procharger I-1 Adjustable Supercharger. He now came back for some more goodies. We call this truck TurboPete's evil twin. Since this truck is not docile in any manner when compared to TurboPete's Ecoboost.

After driving it around for a bit, the customer realized he had a few issues that were more apparent now than before. The braking needed to be improved, it was getting hard to stop the truck with that much more speed under it. With all the new power traction was also an issue. Customer claims he could not use the competition mode setting because it would only smoke the tires as he was rolling down the street. Lastly he wanted to add some air bags to the back of the truck to help him out a bit when towing his boat.

We added the Airlift Suspension for lowered trucks along with the wireless air controller for the comfort of adjusting the air bags from the front seat of the truck or while standing next to the truck with the trailer hooked up. We also added Caltrac Traction bars to the equation to help with traction. We did a Powerstop Brake Upgrade Kit to help get some braking power with out breaking the bank. We have had really good success with their brake upgrade kits and they are very affordable.

Aside from taking care of the customer concerns he also wanted some more grunt out of the truck so we upgraded to Stainless Works 1-7/8 longtube Header with Offroad Y-Pipe. The customer already had a Maganflow Catback on the truck, but due to the Caltracs we had to remove his in front of the rear tire exhaust and move it to behind the rear tire due to fitment issues.

If you guys have any questions about the parts we work with please feel free to PM us and ask.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
How much power is the 5.0(I'm guessing) blown making? My wet dream would be a 5.0 twin turbo

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much power is the 5.0(I'm guessing) blown making? My wet dream would be a 5.0 twin turbo
Should be making ~600rwhp with the addition of the headers now in competition mode. This truck in Competition mode makes 600 rwhp with full boost at ~2600rpm, and in touring mode makes maybe 400hp. The blower is adjustable so you can basically turn it on/off/everything inbetween.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
^^^ wow.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
More info on the PS brake upgrades......

Please. :)

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What specifically would you like to know?

We use the complete kits that include all four rotors and pads all the way around. We usually opt for the Towing/HD pads even for those who don't tow.Its a truck it should have HD brakes. The rotors are cross drilled and slotted, we have used the kit quite a few times on different applications without incident. They are not brembos and we don't intend to make them out to be. Its a very nice upgrade that does not brake the piggy bank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts