F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my truck since December, and I'm still finding things out I did not realize I Had or I was to darn excited to listen to the salesman, Today I was looking at Replacing my Mirrors for heated ones, Only to search these message boards and discover that I have them and all I had to do it push the rear defrost button and viola...Then randomly looking at other post and discovering I Have the Electronic 4x4 shift on the fly, I would assume that locks up the rear wheels so both have even power to them, Dang Miss that option last week when we had over a foot of snow, Anyway it's like a new truck all over again!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
So... How do ya know if ya got heated mirrors??? If I do, they don't work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welp, that's why mine don't work. No defrost icon. Just went to the garage. Wife has icon on her Escape. I didn't know she had heated mirrors. Ain't fair I tell ya...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I have heated mirrors... didnt even need to use them once and we had temps down to -40 C here this year, never froze. The ones on my car always fog up and i dont have the option lol.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have heated mirrors... didnt even need to use them once and we had temps down to -40 C here this year, never froze. The ones on my car always fog up and i dont have the option lol.
Never got that low here either but I have yet to need the defrost on my windows either kol

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I have had my truck since December, and I'm still finding things out I did not realize I Had or I was to darn excited to listen to the salesman, Today I was looking at Replacing my Mirrors for heated ones, Only to search these message boards and discover that I have them and all I had to do it push the rear defrost button and viola...Then randomly looking at other post and discovering I Have the Electronic 4x4 shift on the fly, I would assume that locks up the rear wheels so both have even power to them, Dang Miss that option last week when we had over a foot of snow, Anyway it's like a new truck all over again!!!:rolleyes:
The shift on the fly lets you shift into 4x4 without putting it in park. A locking dif is what locks both rear tires to spin at the same speed with the same power. Just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
86 Posts
And I have defrost mirrors on my 13 fx4 an I don't see a icon on the mirrors but I've used them and they are defrost.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe I missed the icon but I know they defrost.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a 12 XLT and don't have the icon on my mirrors either.. on my climate controls the far left defrost button is for my mirrors, then there is another button for the defrost on the windshield.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guessing you know, but in case you don't...the locker (if you have it) is engaged by pulling the 4 wheel button out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts