F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to Roush performance about the Rough performance pac for 2018 Ecoboost and they told me that “None of the older kits will work on the 2018 model. In addition, we will not be making performance pacs for any of the ecoboost engines for 2018.” And “Due to the short year run and the change in engines for 2019, we didn’t think it was feasible for us to launch a performance pac for the ecoboosts this year. Unfortunately we do not have anything that will increase hp on these engines.” Does it mean that Rough give up on the 2018 Ecoboost line up? I am so sad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And there is no report shows that 2019 model will have a engine change except the H.O. 3.5 in the Limited Edition. I don't know what they are talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
There are plenty of other options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What the hell is Roush talking about regarding 18-19 ecoboosts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically Roush says due to the short year run and there will be an engine change for 2019 model so no performance kit for 2018 model. I don't know they were dreaming probably.
What the hell is Roush talking about regarding 18-19 ecoboosts?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Basically Roush says due to the short year run and there will be an engine change for 2019 model so no performance kit for 2018 model. I don't know they were dreaming probably.

As far as we know the only change is the raptor version of the ecoboost being put in the Limited trim.

That said, the 2018’s apparently have bigger turbos than the 2017 so if they plan on making another change for next year then it may be a pain in the ass for them to make something specific to 2018.

Who knows, maybe roush knows something we don’t.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I didn't know that 2018 have a bigger turbo. I think that is why Roush sell CAI and exhaust for 2018 model but do not offer a performance pac (A pac has CAI, exhaust and a tune). Roush maybe need a new tune for 2018 and is not ready to release.
As far as we know the only change is the raptor version of the ecoboost being put in the Limited trim.

That said, the 2018’s apparently have bigger turbos than the 2017 so if they plan on making another change for next year then it may be a pain in the ass for them to make something specific to 2018.

Who knows, maybe roush knows something we don’t.

·
Administrator
9,604 Posts
Roush stuff is nice, but way over priced. You can spend less and get more. Much more. The warranty can be dealt with in several ways, one of which is the 5* supplemental warranty that was mentioned.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a new reply. I asked them "So you mean Roush will never make a performance kit for 2018 Ecoboost engine, is that correct?" They answered "Yes, that is what I’ve been told. Sorry." Bye Roush.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know 5 star has an excellent warranty. I just don't want to restore to stock tune or let the dealer threat me that you have tune and aftermarket products installed so my warranty will be voided every time I go the service. Roush tune, I don't have to worry that much.
Roush stuff is nice, but way over priced. You can spend less and get more. Much more. The warranty can be dealt with in several ways, one of which is the 5* supplemental warranty that was mentioned.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Skip all this and get a gearhead tune.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
No and you won’t need to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Check them out

1 - 20 of 51 Posts