F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the Forums and wanted to give out a general thank you to everyone- this forum has tons of great info and has been a huge knowledge base for me in my research.

I'm ready to drive off with an FX4 that's local, but between the US/Canada price differences, all the rebates and model year end it's easy to get twisted in the numbers.

I have a trade-in valued at $5.5K which is in the mix here too, but basically here is what I'm being presented with as the best option (2014s are harder to come by every week locally):

2014 FX4 with 5,000 km on it, mint condition.
402A Package
Moonroof
Nav
Ecoboost
3.55 Rear
Tailgate step

Accessories already installed:

Ford Customs Tonneau Cover (made by BakFlip) - $1100
Wheel Well Liners - $180
Hood Deflector - $105
Spray Bed Liner - $550
Mud Flaps - $100 ??
Cargo Organizer - $140
DeeZee Tailgate Assist - $60

MSRP Sticker is 59K without accessories except spray in bed and wheel liners which were from the factory.

The configuration of the truck is exactly how I want it and I'm not bothered about there being 5K on it (was driven by the lease manager there) I do have a personal relationship with 2 of the sales staff/managers at this dealer.

So when I total it all up I'm looking at $45K + Trade-In - Out the Door price.

If I go on Ford's Website and build this truck and add up all the accessories and when I factor in Tax, 53.7K, which excluded License and some other costs?

Granted that since they don't build 2014's still, that vehicle on the web cannot be ordered so I'm not sure if I'm comparing apples to apples here.

Thoughts and comments please..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told that my trade was only valued at 4.5K (high mileage 200,000 km and they cannot resell it) so they would need to wholesale it, but I put up a little stink and they offered up 5.5K saying they would eat the difference to make the deal.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I understand that prices have gone up in the last little while. But to give you an idea, 13 Eco screw fx4 luxury and appearance package with max tow and all accessories you listed minus tonneau cover, mud flaps, wheel well liners. Out the door $44,000.

Get a costco membership. Drops $1000 off price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys..

Sales Tax in Alberta is 5% vs 13% in Ontario so that adds $ 3-4K or more for the same truck in different provinces. :/

I'l look into the costco option.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Thanks for the input guys.. Sales Tax in Alberta is 5% vs 13% in Ontario so that adds $ 3-4K or more for the same truck in different provinces. :/ I'l look into the costco option.
Yup, costco membership costs $50. Sorry forgot about your taxes, and sorry that they are so high ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts