F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 F150 FX4 3.5L 125K Stock
AC compressor is whining. Local dealer stocks clutches and compressor/clutch assemblies, but said he had never sold just a clutch. Techs are replacing whole thing. I go to RockAuto to check things out and I find they have kits with gaskets, condenser, compressor and clutch for like $314. Seems the way to go if I'm gonna take it all apart. I haven't found any Youtube vids on this yet. Any insight or advice is appreciated.

·
Banned
332 Posts
AC compressor is whining. Local dealer stocks clutches and compressor/clutch assemblies, but said he had never sold just a clutch. Techs are replacing whole thing. I go to RockAuto to check things out and I find they have kits with gaskets, condenser, compressor and clutch for like $314. Seems the way to go if I'm gonna take it all apart. I haven't found any Youtube vids on this yet. Any insight or advice is appreciated.
Following my 5.0l does the same thing

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
My compressor is doing the same thing. Very loud a few moments after I start the truck and never cuts off. Did you have any problems with your heater? My heater only works when I’m accelerating. Other than that it blows cold

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You have to evacuate the system and remove the compressor to do this job properly. To that end, I'm not equipped to capture and recycle the refrigerant, so I'd be taking it to a shop for this. While it's there, they might as well do the whole job. So I'd say if you have a way to evacuate and recharge the system properly, give it a shot. Otherwise I'd just have someone else do it. This way if the performance of the cooling sucks, you can take it back to them. Don't think you can just hook up a vacuum pump and suck the refrigerant out. Not only is that illegal in most places, it's bad for the environment.

·
Moderstrator
4,099 Posts
My compressor is doing the same thing. Very loud a few moments after I start the truck and never cuts off. Did you have any problems with your heater? My heater only works when I’m accelerating. Other than that it blows cold
Thinking you’ve got 2 separate problems here. First thing I’d look into is your coolant level with respect to the heater issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts