F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any ac issues with their truck. Mine is a 2013 eco and it does not seem to blow cold enough air. I have tried everything I know with the adjustments to the system. My GMC truck would freeze you out!!:cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 2012 seems to not blow as cold as i think it should, problem may be it gets 100+ around here and its hard to cool alot off in that temperature. My 2013 2500 chevy has a horrible AC, today i felt as if i was going to start sweating while sitting in it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I live in South Florida and the heat has barely started to come in but I agree even with my entire car tinted including my front windshield the AC does not seem to get cold enough. Don't get me wrong it gets cold but I don't feel confident that in the middle of summer it will be able to cool down as much as I would like it to

·
Registered
229 Posts
I live in South Florida and the heat has barely started to come in but I agree even with my entire car tinted including my front windshield the AC does not seem to get cold enough. Don't get me wrong it gets cold but I don't feel confident that in the middle of summer it will be able to cool down as much as I would like it to
I have 5 percent on rear windows and back glass along with front brow, and 25 on front windows. I can still feel heat. Definitly better than stock though!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeahhhhh, I've thought that, too... Sunny South Texas. Tinted windows all around. And using MAX A/C which is the auto-recirc of cab air. 😪
This isn't gonna cut it come July/August.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use remote start to pre cool the truck, probably much like most of you use it to warm them up in the winter. AC gets a few minutes jump before I get in...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not completely happy with mine either, and I'm coastal so 80 degrees feels kinda warm. You shouldn't have to run Max AC the whole time, only initially to cool and hot stale cab air when the truck has been sitting. After that you should switch to regular AC (non-recirculating) because apparently its more efficient / easier for the truck..

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I live in Canada & I just use the heater eH
It stays cool enough in my area that it really isn't necessary either...still run the heated seats in the summer time!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I live in Canada & I just use the heater eH
Not in the Interior of BC in the summer - AC is a MUST!

As for the AC, none of my vehicles get really cold anymore ever since they switched refrigerants. And it looks like they keep experimenting with new variations every few years.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Wow. Ford has always had the reputation of freezing AC. Mine doesn't disappoint. My friends ask me if my AC is broken because it blows to cold. I do notice that it doesn't blow as cold if it is obnoxiously hot outside. It still blows plenty cold enough though.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'd usually rather ride with the windows down and the ac seats on, but my ac does fine.

I'd recommend some dark window tint if your ac has trouble keeping up in warm weather. I find it makes a huge difference on hot days, and it just looks good.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
....I'd recommend some dark window tint if your ac has trouble keeping up in warm weather...
Unfortunately, dark tints are illegal on the drivers/passenger windows where I live.

The Mounties want a clear shot when they shoot you.

·
Registered
13,029 Posts
Unfortunately, dark tints are illegal on the drivers/passenger windows where I live.

The Mounties want a clear shot when they shoot you.
Shoot you a coupon to timmies

1 - 20 of 170 Posts