F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aloha All, I had a 2001 XL, 4X4. The AC was 3 times better than my 2013 FX4 ECO. Anyone have a fix? Change the coolant? Adjust the valve? I use it as a work truck and I melted today. AC on max, windows closed. I was sweating in the cab.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Aloha All, I had a 2001 XL, 4X4. The AC was 3 times better than my 2013 FX4 ECO. Anyone have a fix? Change the coolant? Adjust the valve? I use it as a work truck and I melted today. AC on max, windows closed. I was sweating in the cab.
I can make mine marginally better if I don't use the automatic temp control. Just leave the temp on LO and adjust the fan manually.
Still doesn't blow as cold as the older Fords used to.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Have you been to your dealership for this, FX4 ZOMBIE HUNTER? I know they'll want to make sure you stay cool this summer. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Crystal, as you have (not) read in this thread, the ac system as a whole is sub-par in our trucks. Do you have the time to fix it for all of us? Maybe a suggestion even? All FoMoCo will do is put a thermometer in the vent and see that it gets to about 40 degrees. They will call it good and send us on our way. It is still too hot! How do we make it better? Help us there and earn your keep ;)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Crystal, as you have (not) read in this thread, the ac system as a whole is sub-par in our trucks. Do you have the time to fix it for all of us? Maybe a suggestion even? All FoMoCo will do is put a thermometer in the vent and see that it gets to about 40 degrees. They will call it good and send us on our way. It is still too hot! How do we make it better? Help us there and earn your keep ;)
Wow what a jerk. Apologize to Crystal. My AC works just fine in 100 plus with humidity. How in the hell will a customer service rep have a technical solution for us? Also it won't blow 40 no matter what. It will cool to a certain temp range under ambient.

Mine works just fine but it keeps defaulting to fresh air and not recirculating air unless you push the max ac button.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm only guess here but I'm betting that most of the complaints about insufficient cool AC air is coming from drivers with dark colored trucks that park in a lot of sunlight. With the advent of the newest refrigerant because of the EPA restrictions our air conditioners don't seem to work as well. I live in a hot climate and in the summer the temperatures can reach into the low 100's but I don't have any complaints about my AC not cooling enough but I have a White truck and generally keep it under cover most of the time.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I'm only guess here but I'm betting that most of the complaints about insufficient cool AC air is coming from drivers with dark colored trucks that park in a lot of sunlight. With the advent of the newest refrigerant because of the EPA restrictions our air conditioners don't seem to work as well. I live in a hot climate and in the summer the temperatures can reach into the low 100's but I don't have any complaints about my AC not cooling enough but I have a White truck and generally keep it under cover most of the time.
Why don't we circumvent these epa restrictions like we do when we toon.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Wow what a jerk. Apologize to Crystal. My AC works just fine in 100 plus with humidity. How in the hell will a customer service rep have a technical solution for us? Also it won't blow 40 no matter what. It will cool to a certain temp range under ambient.

Mine works just fine but it keeps defaulting to fresh air and not recirculating air unless you push the max ac button.
Ditto. 117° outside according to the truck and my passenger and I were comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
No issues with cooling on my 2014 White Lariat SCREW with automatic air here in South Florida. I just set it to 70 degrees and my wife complains it's too cold after about 5 minutes. No tinting. No joke. I also use remote start most times when approaching the truck. Even 1 minute of running before entering the truck helps.

I had a White 2014 XLT with manual air for 6 weeks and it did not do nearly as well as the Automatic air in the Lariat. It headed full fan speed all the time. Both trucks are White screws.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a black leather interior and it does get hot. I am considering a full windshield ceramic "tint". It is pretty much clear but in the store I could sure feel the radiant heat blocked by the test panel. If it cuts it 50% it would be a game changer. But then of course it becomes a matter of how long it sits in the sun. But I would think it would make it easier to keep cooler going down the road as well. Can anybody report on the real world results?

·
Registered
290 Posts

Yours defaults to fresh air? After a few seconds mine always turns on recirculation (manual controls on my XLT). I have to click it off every time. Would love for it to default to fresh air...is it a setting the dealer can change?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yours defaults to fresh air? After a few seconds mine always turns on recirculation (manual controls on my XLT). I have to click it off every time. Would love for it to default to fresh air...is it a setting the dealer can change?
It does. Unless I hit the max AC button. No idea if it can be changed. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Question. I know what fresh air and recirculation but I always did the recirculation bc it seems to blow harder and stay colder. Why do you like the fresh air control? Is there a certain reason? What's the pros and cons to each setting and when and how you determine which one.

May seem like a silly question but I always did wonder what other ppl use and how they decided. I guess I'm weird like that.

I have heard that before you kill your truck turn ax off and let the fan blow for a moment. I forget the reasoning for it.

21 - 40 of 170 Posts