F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice a funky smell when you jump on the gas? I was told by my uncle who has the Same truck that it's a rather hard plastic seal on the firewall were the Ac condenser hooks up. Apparently if the mfg doesn't seat it just right it will leak while under boost pressure. Any one experience this?

Also! I go the sunroof, and the shade pull doesn't close 100% there is a small gap when it shuts. This normal?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Mine has a tiny gap as well. As far as the funny smells, if it's brand new, expect a few. Lots of parts to warm up and that will bring on some new/odd smells similar to that hot electric smell when something gets to warm after sitting for a while.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
What if there is a smell after 27,000 kilometres

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
What if there is a smell after 27,000 kilometres
You must have the issue he is talking about or you are pushing your truck too hard! Lol. Can't answer that question...just was suggesting that they run it for a while and see if the new smells settle down.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Anyone notice a funky smell when you jump on the gas? I was told by my uncle who has the Same truck that it's a rather hard plastic seal on the firewall were the Ac condenser hooks up. Apparently if the mfg doesn't seat it just right it will leak while under boost pressure. Any one experience this?

Also! I go the sunroof, and the shade pull doesn't close 100% there is a small gap when it shuts. This normal?
Does it smell like the a/c has turned off and the evaporator is drying off?
;-)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I sometimes get a motor oil smell inside the cab, but I have never lost a drop of oil so I don't know what that is about.

SPPD

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've noticed a nice little burnt paint smell after a rad run a few times when I first got it. I just chocked it up to the turbo cooking the factory coating.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Got 8,000 miles on my boost and I know exactly what you're talking about. The A/C gets colder and that smell is like a not so bad hot plastic new car smell? Hard to explain!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Never had a weird smell. You guys are making me nervous though....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scapp99 no it a brand new truck with 1k miles. I did notice break smell after I really got on the gas and stood on the breaks. That was 1 time. AC is fine, dealer said it might just be the recycle air on and the turbo getting hot the first time. My uncle has had the issue on his same truck for a year now so I'll keep and eye on it and report

Anyone Have the moonroof gap?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Scapp99 no it a brand new truck with 1k miles. I did notice break smell after I really got on the gas and stood on the breaks. That was 1 time. AC is fine, dealer said it might just be the recycle air on and the turbo getting hot the first time. My uncle has had the issue on his same truck for a year now so I'll keep and eye on it and report

Anyone Have the moonroof gap?
Gap, where?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
If you are referring to how you can see daylight when the sunroof and moonroof are both closed, yes I have it and it annoys the crap out of me.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
If you are referring to how you can see daylight when the sunroof and moonroof are both closed, yes I have it and it annoys the crap out of me.
Mine does the same. I can open my shade on a hard launch....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup that's that little opening that bugs me. Mine stays shut at least when I launch it nice, but it's so annoying!

I'm gona try and see if they can fix it by saying my eyes are sensitive to the light, let's see what they say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts