F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not much on computers but me thread was closed. Her is my response to thet.

You should not close a thread just because I am not living on my computer to answer questions or you dont like the fax. The problem has existed since day 1. The NHTSA is investigating it. Ford just got a fix in March 2013. My truck was out of warrenty by that time and FORD not the dealership wants my to pay for part of the fix. I reported the problem to Ford when my truck had 1200 miles. You should put this back on the forum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are talking about the condensation problem in the turbos? What part did they replace? I see this mentioned from time to time. How about some details? In defense of this site (and others), if the they left all the threads active, it would quickly overwhelm the servers and site itself. Just repost your problem and people will look at it. If they think it is important, they will make comments and the thread will remain active, if not, then it may be an such a well examined topic that there is nothing more to discuss. Absolutely nothing personal! That being said - how about some details? I am interested.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am not much on computers but me thread was closed. Her is my response to thet.

You should not close a thread just because I am not living on my computer to answer questions or you dont like the fax. The problem has existed since day 1. The NHTSA is investigating it. Ford just got a fix in March 2013. My truck was out of warrenty by that time and FORD not the dealership wants my to pay for part of the fix. I reported the problem to Ford when my truck had 1200 miles. You should put this back on the forum.
If your talking about the humidity problem then sir you're getting scammed. If they issue a recall for the part you don't pay to have it fixed. If the problems been that since you bought it then that's something you should have had fix long before now.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
This has been replied to. I believe this is the 3rd thread you've created regarding this issue. There is PLENTY of information regarding this issue. I don't believe Ford issued a recall but they did issue a provision-like statement that some CAC models have condensation issues. The thread got locked because you created a profil then immediately began bashing Ford and this truck with your first post. This is the third thread of this exact OP I've read today regarding the same complaint. The dealership is aware of the issue and I doubt you made it through all of your warranty before experiencing this issue.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The notice is a TSB Technical Service Bulletin. It describes the problem and the fix, but it is not a recall. TSBs typically only apply to vehicles under warranty unless otherwise stated. The OP is milaged out on his warranty. However, he has been reporting the problem since new to his dealer, ssothe dealer and Ford really need to step up and do the fix. He is frustrated and I don't blame him. Lets help a Eco Brother out and be supportive as best we can.

My Advice:
Call customer care at Ford and explain that you have been reporting the problem since new.
Try a different Dealer if you are not satisfied
Bite the bullet and pay to get it fixed
Trade it in on something different
Upgrade to an aftermarket CAC and be done with it

Good luck,

SPPD

·
Registered
394 Posts
How about some more info on your truck. Year model, mileage on it, modifications done to it, etc.

Reactions: SPPD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More info.
2012 F150, extended cab, long wheel base, towing package, payload package. It now has 73,000 miles on it. I average 55,000 - 60000 per year. I first reported the problem at 1200 miles. The fix just came out in late March 2013. The fix consist of reprograming and two parts that are part of the air intake, an air deflector and replace CDC part # BL3Z-6K775-B. Ford just came back to me late Friday and offered to fix it for $50.00. I would prefer not to pay at all but I agreed. Also, I did not say there was a recall. I said the NHTSA was investigationg the problem. And other than this problem the truck has been good. I wish they could beaf it up enough to put in an F250.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
More info.
2012 F150, extended cab, long wheel base, towing package, payload package. It now has 73,000 miles on it. I average 55,000 - 60000 per year. I first reported the problem at 1200 miles. The fix just came out in late March 2013. The fix consist of reprograming and two parts that are part of the air intake, an air deflector and replace CDC part # BL3Z-6K775-B. Ford just came back to me late Friday and offered to fix it for $50.00. I would prefer not to pay at all but I agreed. Also, I did not say there was a recall. I said the NHTSA was investigationg the problem. And other than this problem the truck has been good. I wish they could beaf it up enough to put in an F250.
I'd agree to have it fixed for $50 but I wouldn't be happy about it. Glad you are getting some resolution on it. I purchased an extended warranty on my last Ford {Lightning SVT) and I explicitly told the sales guy I wanted to extend my coverages and costs to me exactly as the factory warranty covered me (because it was a SVT it fell under the Lincoln Warranty terms). NO OUT OF POCKET COSTS for anything the warranty covers. Took the truck in to have a coil pack replaced under the extended warranty and BAM $50 charge. I was pissed. I could by the part for $50 and change it myself. They heard about it LOUDLY ALL OVER THE SHOWROOM FLOOR. New customers getting deals worked paid attention to me ranting....how could anyone not? I still had to pay the $50 but as a peace offering I received a free detailing and 3 tanks of gas. My rant wasn't just cussing and fussing. I gave the details of what I'd been sold and the surprise difference in what I'd received. For them to handle me roughly or not respond favorable would have cost them customers. What they did allowed them to sell it off as a 'misunderstanding'. A well placed 'misunderstanding' can get stuff done sometimes.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
50 ain't bad, but I would certainly try to finagle a few free oil changes or something. I really hope that you can enjoy your truck now! There are a lot of really great folks here andwe would like to hear how the truck is doing after the fix.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
191 Posts
$50.00? It's not worth the aggravation to argue about that. I'd pay it and be happy about it, after all it is out of warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts