F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how accurate the trip a/b fuel used display is?? Mine has been dead on except for a couple of times where is was only off by one or two tenths of a gallon. That blows me away.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've checked mine against manual calcs for the first 5 or 6 tanks and it has been very accurate. To the point that I don't bother manually calculating mileage anymore.

2013 SuperCrew XLT XTR Kodiak Brown Ecoboost 145"WB 302A package, Max Tow package

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Mine is usually fairly close. Always within 1 mpg up or down.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Is everyone sure they are filling their tanks exactly the same? Fuel is very susceptable to heat, is your gas in the tank the exact same temperature as you initially filled? If the gas in your tank is colder than the last time you filled it will take up less space allowing you to fill the take more, resulting is a lower looking mpg. Mine is always really close. I also suppose there is a % that Ford might be off reguarding quality control with fuel metering.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Mine is close enough! Never been off more than 1mpg. Sometimes higher / sometimes lower. I just go by the carputer now.

SPPD

·
Registered
860 Posts
Mine has always been very close as well. I think my new taller tires have made a slight difference but not much.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine has always been dead on. At least within .1 or so against my math.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My mpg estimater is always .4 to .7 optimistic.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I reset the trip odometer for several tanks early on and compared pump gallons to trip gallons. It was always within +/- 0.5 gallons for a tank fill. Most likely the difference in top-off is the bulk of the variance so after about 8 fill ups I stopped keeping track of it and I trust the instrumentation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Remember the meter on a fuel pump has a range of error as well.

"In the United States, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) specifies the accuracy of the measurements in Handbook 44. Table 3.30 specifies the accuracy at 0.3% meaning that a 10-US-gallon (37.9 L; 8.3 imp gal) purchase could vary between 9.97 US gal (37.7 L; 8.3 imp gal) and 10.03 US gal (38.0 L; 8.4 imp gal) as to the actual amounts at the delivery temperature of the gasoline."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts