F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance that you guys are considering a tune that adapts to whatever octane you have in the tank like the stock tune and a couple of the other tuners have?

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Check out the "GearHead" thread.

It's a continuously active thread and the subject matter is exactly what you mention.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
I've run the Brew City Boost auto octane tune and the gear head. Neither are all that expensive, I recommend both. Lol

With bcb the 100 dollar tune gets you an auto adjust performance file and an auto adjust tow file.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the "GearHead" thread.

It's a continuously active thread and the subject matter is exactly what you mention.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Gearhead doesn't have anything out yet for the '18 2.7s and I wasn't aware of BCB at the time I ordered the tuner with 5* tunes.
Also purchased the Stage3 warranty which only warranties the 5* tunes and voids if you use anyone else's tune.

I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the 5*, but an Adaptive Octane tune would be nice.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
5 star will be releasing one soon. My good friend is beta testing and they just wrapped up, it's pretty damn impressive to say the least.
You may want to call them in a week.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,733 Posts
5 star will be releasing one soon. My good friend is beta testing and they just wrapped up, it's pretty damn impressive to say the least.

You have a good track record with getting engines replaced under warranty, I'm surprised they didn't have you beta test it. ;)

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You have a good track record with getting engines replaced under warranty, I'm surprised they didn't have you beta test it. ;)
Lol

I may or may not be beta testing a different type of tune
On another note, not sure if most know but on two of those four long blocks I never ran a tune.... basically never had time to before they had to be replaced again

Will be interesting to see/track your vin # to see what happens to your old truck. I know of two guys that found out after they traded their 13's in the engines went! One of them is a member here but he's not on much anymore.
Crazy

·
Administrator
7,733 Posts
Lol

I may or may not be beta testing a different type of tune
On another note, not sure if most know but on two of those four long blocks I never ran a tune.... basically never had time to before they had to be replaced again

Will be interesting to see/track your vin # to see what happens to your old truck. I know of two guys that found out after they traded their 13's in the engines went! One of them is a member here but he's not on much anymore.
Crazy

Well, here it is. They didn't even do the body work on the rear bumper or replace the windshield. lol

https://www.mcmullenford.com/used/Ford/2013-Ford-F-150-council-bluffs-ia-2cd586de0a0e0a1715b8a8c88b84d267.htm?searchDepth=3:3

·
Registered
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
It was up 2 days after I traded it in. They probably think it will sell asap due to the lighting I put on the truck.
Truck runs like someone pissed in the gas tank. Poor future owner. Ha

Yet again....another reason to buy new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
126 Posts

Most of our auto octane tunes have been released over the prior month. Keep an eye out for more auto octane tunes to be released sitewide this week.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Where does this show up on your web site?
Most of our auto octane tunes have been released over the prior month. Keep an eye out for more auto octane tunes to be released sitewide this week.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I saw the adaptive on the 2017+ 3.5 Eco for x4 device. Maybe not available on all trucks?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
16 Participants
Sirikenewtron
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing