F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think (maybe) my 2004 F-150 had a seal in this area, but the 2014 I have now does not. On the super cab, the rear door has no seal at the bottom (see red box) and that allows dirt to be thrown up into that area. The front door does have the seal (see red arrow). It looks like I could just order the front seal and cut it to length and stick on the rear so the rear door is also sealed off at the bottom. Has anyone ever done that? Seems like it should work and not cause any strange door closing issues. I assume it's only missing because of cost savings reasons. Do the higher trim levels like Lariat and so on have the seal there on the super cab?

i-b44rZXK-X2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'd add it. Going to have to check my SCREW
+1 Going to have to check mine too, not sure I have them up front. Going to end up replacing the rears on my SCREW because the top keep falling off and sagging. That or some 3M to keep them in place.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
It is kind of weird. It doesn't go completely from front to back on the screw, but within a couple inches. I wonder if it is primarily to stop road noise. The door seal is really at the edge of the interior trim.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I was wondering this myself after detailing the truck in and out. Matter of fact one reason I joined was to find stuff like this and mods. In the past Id just look for what I needed and jump off as a lurker.

I do notice that the lower door seems to collect more debris toward the wheel. Just wondering if this is to keep the door rattle down?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I noticed that my new scab seems to have more road/wind noise than my previous 2011 screw, I wonder if the lack of seal has anything to do with it?

Please let us know if you add the extra length if it seems any different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new 2014 supercab does not have it either. Jut completed my first long road trip and noticed lated rod noise. I might try the dd myself. The only complaint so far is the road noise.

The he mileage I was pleased 17 mpg all freeway,@75-80 so far stoked except the noise, nice post , that might be it

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts