F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Llumar paint protection film put on my new truck. Roof, A pillars, 22" hood, fenders, bumper, rocker panels. They did a **** job. Nearly every panel has lifting, tons of small bubbles remain a month later... They are making me wait 10 more days to bring the truck back in for them to "look" at it. Apart from them re-doing the whole thing, how would you guys reccomend I approach the situation? Obviously if I could get my money back and take it elsewhere I would, but I doubt they will do that. I'm just dreading missing another day of work to get it to them to have them **** it up again.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would personally ask them if they think this is acceptable if they screw around on the answer tell them you would like the money back so you can go somewhere else. If they are upset with their job, ask for a different installer and get a discount for missing work and get it in writing as well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd call my credit card company and dispute the charges, alleging poor workmanship. Then I'd call Llumar and ask them if this is the standard quality of their product, and provide them many pictures. Tell them you'd like the issue fixed, and you'd appreciate a recommendation on who to go see in your area.

No way I'd go back to the same place. Making a mistake on one little area, OK. They did all of that and it's *all* farked up? They obviously suck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****ty thing is I payed debit, so no CC recourse unfortunately. I'll book off early to go in in person and explain what I expect the next time I get my truck back. I wonder if they'd refund me my debit purchase and let me put it on credit instead this go around...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Properly installed it should be damn near invisible minus the line on the hood/fenders where the film starts/stops. If this is the case (lifting, bubbles, marking) on almost every piece, I would ask them for my money back, remove the film and go elsewhere. With that being said...if you go that route...once the film has been removed GO OVER IT WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS. You are looking for cuts in the clearcoat/paint...I will guarantee there are some, unfortunately. If they are that shoddy on the install, I will bet they don't know how to cut PPF on a painted surface. I have been installing tint and PPF for almost 12 years...I've seen my fair share of work completed by others that I am sure my 12 year old could do better.

Good luck and I hope you get this resolved as soon as possible.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just post some pics of it and that will raise some some concern I'd think? I have no idea what you are describing, but if I could SEE it, I'd have a better idea.

Mitch

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just post some pics of it and that will raise some some concern I'd think? I have no idea what you are describing, but if I could SEE it, I'd have a better idea.

Mitch
Good idea, I'll post some pics either tomorrow or the day after, when I clean it. I truly don't know how receptive the shop will be to straight up giving me my money back. In my opinion most of the sheets are going to have to be replaced as they have lifted in places. There's also a large bubble on the hood piece where I can see where they pressed it out with their fingers leaving a large blemish in the film itself.

·
Registered
975 Posts
So does it look like those 'failed' rear window tints that are all bubbled up?

Mitch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
jibtechwarrior
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing