F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input from anyone who has installed AFE BladeRunner Charge Pipe on their Ecoboost. I would like to know how hard was the install? and was the gains worth the price for one? Notice any MPG increase? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
2 + mph trap speed.

Install tricky getting it to not leak

Yes it's worth the money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I like mine, paired with the AFE Stage 2 and BBK throttle body made a noticeable difference in power. It also leveled out my boost and kept it more consistent after just the charge pipe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like mine, paired with the AFE Stage 2 and BBK throttle body made a noticeable difference in power. It also leveled out my boost and kept it more consistent after just the charge pipe
How hard was it to install?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Its not too hard, its just getting it lined up right so it fits. It's a one man job but it might be easier to have a friend over to help guide it. Make sure you get the bottom seated right or it'll blow off. It took me 45 min to get on that includes the down time I had fixing up my hand and fingers from grinding gashes in them.

Reactions: Ecofx86

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Its not too hard, its just getting it lined up right so it fits. It's a one man job but it might be easier to have a friend over to help guide it. /QUOTE]

TWSS

·
Registered
92 Posts
Had gain in MPG. Easy to install

·
Registered
440 Posts
The guys who have this, if you kept your factory one I'd like to use it for mock-up then ship it back. If interested PM me. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried to install this over the weekend and took it back off. The electric BOV piping on my 13 makes the fitment a little to tight for my liking. The charge pipe was rubbing on the radiator fan and the hard plastic BOV line. I am thinking about removing the BOV pipe and venting to atmosphere and trying the charge pipe again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yah I'm thinkin about picking this up myself. I just traded in my 2013 FX4 5.0 for a new 2014 FX4 with the Ecoboost, so I'm new to the ecoboost performance market. Really wanna add some good performance and hoping this charge pipe and roush exhaust I have will be a decent start. I'm not sure what way to go for an intake but I'll keep reading on the forums and find the right one. Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just picked one up new for $225 shipped. What the heck I'll give it a try.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Where did you find it for that cheap shipped ? Pm me if you don't wanna publicly say

·
Registered
366 Posts
Installed one last weekend, what a PITA, deff need two, I did it alone and didn't get the lower end to seat properly and it blew off. Took over an hour getting it to seat correctly. There isn't much room on the 2013 but am happy with it along with the exhaust and CAI

Reactions: Ecofx86

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My thoughts are it delivers the compressed air smoother compared to the OE piece. Wow that sucker has some major bends in it. Be careful when reinstalling the MAP sensor. Its a real tight fit and ended snapping a ear off of it and JB Welded back on.

But start at the bottom coupler first and seat the charge pipe as deep in the coupler as possible then slide coupler over neck on CAC as deep as possible then secure with supplied band clamps.

Top side is the hard part. Had to end up sliding the coupler on the TB by pushing on it with my fingers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried to install this over the weekend and took it back off. The electric BOV piping on my 13 makes the fitment a little to tight for my liking. The charge pipe was rubbing on the radiator fan and the hard plastic BOV line. I am thinking about removing the BOV pipe and venting to atmosphere and trying the charge pipe again.
I removed the BOV piping today and installed the Charge pipe. I have not noticed any difference yet. On a side note venting the BOV to atmosphere didn't make much more cabin noise. I could hear it pretty good before through my AFR stage 2 intake.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts