F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aFe just came out with their lineup of EcoBoost downpipes, and we've got them up and ready to go. There's four variations available between aluminized or 409 stainless steel in both catted and off-road downpipes. See all of our downpipes in our F150 EcoBoost Downpipes Section.

2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Catted Downpipes (Stainless)
2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Off-Road Downpipes (Stainless)
2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Catted Downpipes (Aluminized)
2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost aFe Off-Road Downpipes (Aluminized)

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Interesting price point they made

Family 1st

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Their catted DP is more expensive than the kooks, and it's not even 50 state legal

Family First

·
Registered
750 Posts
These look like a copy cat of the kooks IMO. Let's be real here all these DP are all 3" mandrel bend. We all can agree on that. Difference is some are aluminum some are 304ss some are 409ss. Another difference is the y section of the pipe. I don't see paying as I already have $700 + for a off road DP and $1200 + for HF cat DP and I have. So to me you are paying for a name and wasting money. When they all are 3" mandrel bend. Hell buy what you want and can afford. They all are copy cats of each other period well prob copy cat of MAK cause MAK was first to market on this. Not like anyone making the DP are reinventing the wheel. But it is good to have options. But don't be crazy like me and buy all of them to test to see which one is the best. Hell they all perform the same! Some have better metal some are easier to install, but they all do the same thing. This one I will pass on cause to me it is the same as the kooks. And so is the FR coming out with a added flex pipe in it.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Vendor
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did that change? I thought I saw on your website they were 50 state legal
Kooks initially thought they were going to be, but then they got punted by CARB and then New York State adopted CARB emissions standards. Our site said 49-state (I think one of the Q&As had a mention of 50-state legality, but that was incorrect). It now says 48-state given the New York situation.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

Family First

·
Registered
250 Posts
These look like a copy cat of the kooks IMO. Let's be real here all these DP are all 3" mandrel bend. We all can agree on that. Difference is some are aluminum some are 304ss some are 409ss. Another difference is the y section of the pipe. I don't see paying as I already have $700 + for a off road DP and $1200 + for HF cat DP and I have. So to me you are paying for a name and wasting money. When they all are 3" mandrel bend. Hell buy what you want and can afford. They all are copy cats of each other period well prob copy cat of MAK cause MAK was first to market on this. Not like anyone making the DP are reinventing the wheel. But it is good to have options. But don't be crazy like me and buy all of them to test to see which one is the best. Hell they all perform the same! Some have better metal some are easier to install, but they all do the same thing. This one I will pass on cause to me it is the same as the kooks. And so is the FR coming out with a added flex pipe in it.
Look again. The AFE dp are 3 1/2

Reactions: bayourunner

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
From what I'm told the bigger the better in the downpipes even if it bottle necks out the Turbos... AFE stepping up to the ecoboost game!

I actually like there design on there CAC too.... If I didn't get the deal on my Wagner, AFE was what I was going to go with.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That's an extra 1 hp..looks like we have a new leader in dps. Hehe

Sent The Big Swamp Land

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The prices are too damn high, I'd rather go with MAK or Solo

Reactions: Boosted Limited

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah or will just wait until aFe realizes they aren't flying out the door like they thought and get more competitive with pricing

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm sure they'll sell. Everyone on here is loaded. Haha I think I'm the poorest eco owner here. Y'all set the bar too high lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm pretty poor too brother, in the wrong line of work to earn what I'd like, but I like my line of work...will have to save for awhile for each mod

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm sure they'll sell. Everyone on here is loaded. Haha I think I'm the poorest eco owner here. Y'all set the bar too high lol
I'm pretty poor too brother, in the wrong line of work to earn what I'd like, but I like my line of work...will have to save for awhile for each mod
Man I'm with ya'll, I make an ok amount but with the wife not working and a new baby girl....mod money doesn't come easy. I'm thinking of selling blood and "man seed" for a CAC and DPs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts