F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 102 Posts
Just make sure you are using a good, efficient core to start with, otherwise all of that work is a waste...I have seen guys fab up their own intercoolers with poor quality cores and they were no better than the stock intercooler, just really big... ;)
True! Erick can tell you how badass the AMR intercooler really is. I haven't had a chance to log yet with it, but I can touch the cold side of the intercooler and it's crazy cool. Sometimes it feels cooler than ambient! Lol.

True! Erick can tell you how badass the AMR intercooler really is. I haven't had a chance to log yet with it, but I can touch the cold side of the intercooler and it's crazy cool. Sometimes it feels cooler than ambient! Lol.
Yeah, I was impressed how well you could feel the deltaT by putting a hand on each tank.

But it doesn't come with a charge pipe and intercooler tubes. I am talking with a shop now to build a custom intercooler, mounted up in the grill and all bigger and upgraded piping. Possibly for the good friend discount and a case of beer haha.
Charge pipe/cold pipe is the same thing. It does re-use the stock hot pipes though.

Did you even get a chance to see if the hot pipes fit on your FR yet? Lol
Nope, hot pipes will be here Tuesday. :D I dont see anyway they wont work with the FR since it connects directly to the pipes the AFEs replace

I noticed in the logs that just cruisin on the hwy or when idling (when there's a vacuum in the manifold) the AIT2 is slightly above ambient (10 to 20 degrees).. The air has time to warm a bit because of under hood temps.. but as soon as you increase the PSI and airflow or hit WOT, the AIT2 drops right down to ambient.. That's frikken amazin! That AMR astounds me...

Mine is very much all over, I'll see as low as 6° over when hwy cruising but it's usually in the 7-15 range. Sitting at a light on a 70° day it'll get to 104-105, cruising town I'm seeing 20° + typically

Let's see these things already!

SSG Outdoors

Reactions: Majoregoboost
I'm in! We had UPS stop by the office today, unfortunately he wasn't my guy. Never works out that way and now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure why I had them shipped to my house?

I'm in! We had UPS stop by the office today, unfortunately he wasn't my guy. Never works out that way and now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure why I had them shipped to my house?
I always have mine shipped to my mom's office, so I know everything will be safe while I'm away.

SSG Outdoors

I usually have my stuff shipped to work as well. Less likely they'll deliver it to someone elses address like they did my wheels, tuner and level.

Reactions: Pinero61
Reactions: Pinero61
They made it, stupid camera isn't working or I'd throw a pic up. They are thicker than the charge pipe, noticeably so. And it doesn't seem like there's enough pipe but I guess I'll find out, thanks Erick!

Reactions: scap99
41 - 60 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.