F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
we didn't publish the dyno numbers because we saw no significant increase in power; our reason for not posting results is because we were afraid of the callousness of the clichéd internet forum member who would accuse us of attempting to discredit someone else's claims.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on a K&N CAI? I like the look of the aFe but the K&N is quite a bit cheaper. Ive always run their filters in my bikes and have always thought of them as a good product. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone put just the aFe intake on their truck? Did you get any better mpg? I just but on some new 275/70R18 BFG's and my in town milage went down 2 mpg. Just looking to get back to stock mpg for town driving.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Dan, I'm running the same size tire and noticed about the same drop in mpg. I added an edge tuner and gained the mpg back. Running the fuel econ setting I'm getting about 15mpg in town and about 20-21 on the highway now.

I'm considering doing exhaust & intake next. Still haven't decided what route I want to go on either. Leaning towards the Corsa exhaust and the Bullydog intake.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the afe stage 2 intake and love the sound of the turbo's. Only problem I had with it is the couplers that come with the kit didn't hold up. they are very soft and maybe because of our cold winter's up here in alberta they cracked and split. I had 1 issue. My right side turbo selenoid blew. I put the stock unit back on and took it in. they fixed it under warranty.whew! they said it was an over boost condition that caused the selenoid to go. I should mention I have a 4" heartthrob exhaust on it as well which I left on when I took it in. Since then I sourced out way stronger couplers from JB's automotive,they are the exact fit of the afe ones but I guarantee these ones will not fail. Just to bad afe kit doesn't come with better ones. Another thing is when I called Them and got there tech support line of course I had to leave a message, which I did 3 times and they never returned my calls! I still love the intake but not there service.
I had the exhaust put on way before the intake so thats maybe why I never noticed any difference in power once I put it on but I like the sound for sure. The exhaust on the other hand made a huge difference in power though. Going down to horsepower solutions soon to mate a tuner to my mods. they have a dyno and can custom tune as well. will let you know what kind of #'s I come up with.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the afe stage 2 intake and love the sound of the turbo's. Only problem I had with it is the couplers that come with the kit didn't hold up. they are very soft and maybe because of our cold winter's up here in alberta they cracked and split. I had 1 issue. My right side turbo selenoid blew. I put the stock unit back on and took it in. they fixed it under warranty.whew! they said it was an over boost condition that caused the selenoid to go. I should mention I have a 4" heartthrob exhaust on it as well which I left on when I took it in. Since then I sourced out way stronger couplers from JB's automotive,they are the exact fit of the afe ones but I guarantee these ones will not fail. Just to bad afe kit doesn't come with better ones. Another thing is when I called Them and got there tech support line of course I had to leave a message, which I did 3 times and they never returned my calls! I still love the intake but not there service.
I had the exhaust put on way before the intake so thats maybe why I never noticed any difference in power once I put it on but I like the sound for sure. The exhaust on the other hand made a huge difference in power though. Going down to horsepower solutions soon to mate a tuner to my mods. they have a dyno and can custom tune as well. will let you know what kind of #'s I come up with.

That is great info as this is the intake I'm going with and we face the same kind of cold here in Alaska. I will make sure to keep a eye on the couplers when winter comes back around or I just might make the switch up upon install!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ya its a good thing to watch. The sound it puts out is wicked cool,It must make a difference in power too especially when towing. You can just hear it sucking all that fresh air! Hey AK-KingBoost how did you put that quote of mine into your reply? I suck at this computer stuff!lol I have to get some pics on here too. When I get off shift in a couple weeks I will get my daughter to sit down with me and straighten me out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ya its a good thing to watch. The sound it puts out is wicked cool,It must make a difference in power too especially when towing. You can just hear it sucking all that fresh air! Hey AK-KingBoost how did you put that quote of mine into your reply? I suck at this computer stuff!lol I have to get some pics on here too. When I get off shift in a couple weeks I will get my daughter to sit down with me and straighten me out.

Just click "reply with quote" button next to the "reply" button on the members quote you wish to comment on. To upload pictures or movie clips select one of the buttons by the " :)" button!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just click "reply with quote" button next to the "reply" button on the members quote you wish to comment on. To upload pictures or movie clips select one of the buttons by the " :)" button!
OK, Good stuff,Thanks:cool:. That is was too easy....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a AFE Stage 2 and LOVE IT. Parts quality is top notch and install was a breeze, I think it took me maybe 30 minutes start to finish. I will warn that you will have MUCH MORE intake noise and turbo whistle once this is installed, if you’re not a fan of that then this intake is not for you.

As far as the concerns of oiled high-flow filters in turbo charged applications, I have been running them for years in gas and diesel (60+psi) turbo applications and have never had an issue with turbo longevity. They are not maintenance free so you do have to take care of them but as long as you clean and re-oil them (NOT TO MUCH OIL) you will have no issues.

Here's a few pictures installed.
View attachment 96 View attachment 97 View attachment 98
i am about to purchase this. Looks awesome!! I want more turbo whistle and already am running straight pipes do you think i would be happy with the noise? That's all I care about and the gains of course . Here's my truck

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
One can't go wrong with the AFE Stage 2 CAI. My truck and I both love it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Beautiful truck. Loving the black and white.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts