F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this why browsing tonight, and just curious as to whether anyone has any experience with using it? Claims to boost hp and torque without voiding the factory warranty.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got it with may AFE Intake. Hopefully it true about the warranty part

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have been curious about the module as well, is it to be used instead of a tuner? Can you use it with a tuner? Would there be any benefit from using both or is it just one or the other?

·
Vendor
897 Posts
it can be used "On top" of a tuner. It doesnt re program the computer like a tuner does, it "Lies" to the PCM. So you could use it on top of a tuner. Im going to bet most tuners would tell you not to. Id be looking for this on a stock application with maybe a cold air and exhaust. I dont think id go throwing this on top of a custom tuned truck with many mods. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is no reason to use it with a tuner since the stock computer can command as much boost as go want. I am very curious about this.

I want to tune my truck but I can't afford to ditch the warranty right now. I have heard that for warranty claims the truck ecu has to be downloaded and the info sent to ford. So there is no getting around it if the computer has been flashed they are not gonna cover a catastrophic engine failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
jared
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing