F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to the forum. What is everyone running for an after market exhaust? I have a 2016 XLT 2.7 Eco and was thinking about running a AFE Mach Force-XP 4in Cat Back Exhaust. What are everyones thoughts? Also looking at running a AFE cold air intake

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
First question as I’m sure others will be thinking the same thing. What is it you are trying to accomplish with the modified exhaust?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Will bet most will respond with "leave it stock". I have had a few different systems on my 18 3.5 as well as my old 13 3.5. On the 13 I had installed a Flo-Pro 4" exhaust paired with a Twister Resonator. It had a nice low tone with almost zero drone. Then on my 18 I originally installed a MBRP pre-axle catback but is was WAY too loud even after I installed a second muffler to tone it down. At the moment I am running a custom 3" exhaust running through a Twister Resonator, Magnaflow muffler ending in dual 6" tips straight out the back Raptor style. I've had a ton of compliments on both the looks (have the Raptor bumper caps as well) and sound. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Get a good drop-in air filter, remove the resonator and replace the stock muffler with something like a Flowmaster FX. All the money you save could be put towards a tune, rear sway bar, better intercooler, etc...

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Nothing much possible in performance gain, maybe some quicker response. But for appearance or sound you have a pile of options.
Personally went with some noticed responsiveness and sound, but my opinions may be swayed by the nearly 5 decades of watching road racers all classes at my favorite track, Road America. So I enjoy the loud low growl of a V6 even turbocharged. On ramp acceleration 0-80. My tuned 2.7 with 4 inch Pypes cat-back system. Just my opinion and like a**holes we all have them. KM

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with Awe tuning. Spd downpipes (catted) with Awe 0fg single side exit with 4.5 inch black diamond tips, with a Awe non resonated mid pipe. Combine that with an intake and a 93 octane performance tune and my 2016 2.7 is a beast out of the hole. But she also sounds great as well. It took me a long time to decide on what exhaust to go with but I previously had Awe when I had my 2013 VW Gli. So it was pretty easy to make that decision bc I've previously owned another system to a totally different vehicle but the way they put these exhaust systems together its just flawless. Installs are short and simple with great quality as well. No drone ever in either of the 2 vehicles. Great customer service as well.
Thanks for yalls time.
Chris

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost
139 Posts
I went with Awe tuning. Spd downpipes (catted) with Awe 0fg single side exit with 4.5 inch black diamond tips, with a Awe non resonated mid pipe. Combine that with an intake and a 93 octane performance tune and my 2016 2.7 is a beast out of the hole. But she also sounds great as well. It took me a long time to decide on what exhaust to go with but I previously had Awe when I had my 2013 VW Gli. So it was pretty easy to make that decision bc I've previously owned another system to a totally different vehicle but the way they put these exhaust systems together its just flawless. Installs are short and simple with great quality as well. No drone ever in either of the 2 vehicles. Great customer service as well.
Thanks for yalls time.
Chris
Hey Chris, I have a 2.7 with SPD catted downpipes, and I’ve been tossing back and forth between Corsa and AWE. Do you per chance have any videos of your setup? What’s the turbo whistle like? And also, what year is your 2.7? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2.7 and I use a MBRP single exit 4' diameter tip installer series cat back exhaust. It was $400 because it was made of aluminzed steel and it's quieter than the pro series. I would recommend this exhaust, it sounds amazing with deep solid tone while being aggressive. After installing it, I noticed a little increase in hp and throttle response AND turbo spool time. Very easy install, you will have to mess with the front pipe, you'll either have to cut it or use the extension pipe provided depending on what size cab and bed you have. I also have a SPD aluminized high flow catted downpipe and it goes great with this exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for yalls time.
Chris
I bought the same downpipe and my cats blew out. I was using an offroad pipe tune for this and was meaning to change it recently but it was too late. It's a long story. But should I replace the cats and get the correct tune for the pipe or cut the cats out and leave the same tune and use it for its purpose. Ive had experience with catless pipes and I don't mind the smell but I'm asking for reliability sake.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I bought the same downpipe and my cats blew out. I was using an offroad pipe tune for this and was meaning to change it recently but it was too late. It's a long story. But should I replace the cats and get the correct tune for the pipe or cut the cats out and leave the same tune and use it for its purpose. Ive had experience with catless pipes and I don't mind the smell but I'm asking for reliability sake.
If you were running a tune for catless DP's then its possible they raised the temperature safetys that were in the tune to protect the cats. I believe its called Cat Over temp Protection(COTP)

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost
139 Posts
I have a 2.7 and I use a MBRP single exit 4' diameter tip installer series cat back exhaust. It was $400 because it was made of aluminzed steel and it's quieter than the pro series. I would recommend this exhaust, it sounds amazing with deep solid tone while being aggressive. After installing it, I noticed a little increase in hp and throttle response AND turbo spool time. Very easy install, you will have to mess with the front pipe, you'll either have to cut it or use the extension pipe provided depending on what size cab and bed you have. I also have a SPD aluminized high flow catted downpipe and it goes great with this exhaust.
Really? I have the 4” MBRP installer series, it’s not on my truck right now because the combination of the 4” and my SPD catted downpipe was so stupid loud it was insane! On cold start you could hear it for a mile almost. I liked the 4” before I got my downpipe, but it’s just not the kind of sound I want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts