F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an aftermarket exhaust system?
I saw some positive reviews about an AFE system that installs from the Cat-converter back. But that was on the seller's site. Looking for someone with real world experience that can attest to gasmileage changes and performance. Also how much extra noise?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
From what I've READ (no experience with ecoboost exhaust), exhaust is a great to free up restrictions. An O/R pipe will allow the most flow, but also alot of noise once you remove the cats. I've seen people complaining about the drone as well.

i don't have personal experience, but I've read/heard enough and don't really want the sound that comes with the v6. I enjoy hearing my turbos and intake too much!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I don't know about the Eco itself, but in the V6 Mustangs, it is very difficult to get an exhaust that doesn't sound like Hot-Buttered-Ass... Beware!

·
Registered
152 Posts
You will never get the v8 sound out of a v6! I have the 4" heartthrob on mine,I really like it compared to the stock one. There is some drone in the cab but I don't find it over bearing. thats what the Sony "media center" is for. I love the sound system as much as the exhaust note. If you are looking for an after market exhaust that is supposed to take care of the drone,look for one that has a "cross over Muffler" that is what I have seen/heard anyway. I will tell you this though,What a difference in power! I have always put an exhaust on my vehicles. But Adding one to the EB has by far made more power gains then ever before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed a MBRP system and took it out in less than a week. The sound was terrible, sounded exactly like a rice burner! I'm looking at AFT & Stainlesworks along with a number of others.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Check out the Corsa Exhaust for the F150 Ecoboost. It's one of the most expensive systems, but sounds good and no drone. It's the one I'm considering.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Check out the Corsa Exhaust for the F150 Ecoboost. It's one of the most expensive systems, but sounds good and no drone. It's the one I'm considering.

It seems that Corsa offers a regular unit and a dB unit...anyone have first hand experience with either?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have what is refered to as the SPORT Corsa cat-back. I really like it. NO drone, mellow note. Does not sound as many say "ricey".
Ed R

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have been looking at several exhausts for my Ecobeast and this one has definitely gotten my attention. If you could put up a short vid so I can see how the Sport version sounds, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the Flo-pro 4" catback. Not at all impressed with the sound, but then again I wasn't looking to make it louder. I was just hoping to improve performance/mpg's without breaking the bank on a more expensive setup. Got it for $346 which is reasonable...but now to cut down on the "drone" as they call it, I had to order a twister resonator for $88. Don't have the resonator yet, so I'll have to report back on that. I guess $434 isn't too bad if the resonator helps with the annoying sound.

As far as performance, can't honestly say I noticed an improvement. This setup is mandrel bent 4" tubing which is what the some of the more expensive brands use. I'm averaging 15-16 mpg city which is what Ford advertised. Don't drive highway so I can't comment on whether that was improved or not.

In hind-sight, I should have spent the money on a SCT tuner first. From what I read, that will provide the most notable improvement. But, then again, some people say changing the exhaust is a notable improvement. Maybe I expected too much. Maybe the improvements are subtle.

Anyway...just thought I'd offer my .02

·
Registered
138 Posts
Check you tube for horsepower tv's loctite f150 build. They used dynamax catback system that's designed to eliminate the drone. Sounded pretty good but you'll need to see for yourself.

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Here is a link to in our opinion is one of the best sounding exhaust setups. This setup has zero drone and we have video to prove it.

Its our MAK Y-Pipe and a Stainless Works Catback exhaust.

Stainless Works also offers a chambered muffler version that is a little tamer in sound. That video it has a straight through muffler.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I installed a 4" Heartthrob cat back on mine. It sounded pretty import-ish when it first got put on but mellowed out and became louder as it burned in. I also installed MAK 3" downpipes, and that REALLY woke up the bottom end as well as the exhaust note got louder. I will try to post video after the weather clears up

·
Registered
256 Posts
I installed a 4" Heartthrob cat back on mine. It sounded pretty import-ish when it first got put on but mellowed out and became louder as it burned in. I also installed MAK 3" downpipes, and that REALLY woke up the bottom end as well as the exhaust note got louder. I will try to post video after the weather clears up
Interested to hear this setup

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Had time to make video yet? Thinking of buying a Heart throb 4" soon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
20 Participants
hankwedge
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing