F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 930 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over the internet and have found it kind of hard to locate all the different sound clips of the exhausts for the Ecoboost. I know it's not terribly difficult to search on YouTube and find what we are looking for but I figured we could start a thread so that it would be easier to locate sound files for future ecoboost owners to have a single place to look and find all the different soundbites. Kind of like an aftermarket exhaust sound database. Where we can post up the exhaust manufactures name and a link to the sound clip or YouTube video whether it be one made by you at home or from a shop that is demoing an exhaust.

Here are a few that I have found to get the thread started.

Corsa Exhaust:

Roush

Heartthrob

aFe

·
Registered
589 Posts
Stainless Works 3.5"

Gale Bank's 4" Monster Exhaust

SOLO Performance Exhaust Systems (3" Duals and 4" Single)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thank you so much for this thread. I have been wondering what a lot of these exhausts sound like for our trucks and this made my day. It is really helping me in my decision of what exhaust I wanna get for my ecobeast. While performance is going to be the main factor, drivability and sound are definitely in there. Can't have it too loud for the the family but I want those that I pass to know that I was there.

·
Registered
589 Posts
From what I was told by one of the vendors (cant remember which on here) mentioned the stainless works 3.5" made the most power on the Dyno in a test that compared all the 3", 3.5", 4" exhaust systems... But I haven't seen any test data on that comparison. It would be great to see the dyno charts showing all the exhaust systems....

·
Registered
50 Posts
May not be the most accurate audio recording using my iphone, but here is my 2013 EB Screw with the 4" Flo-pro exhaust system. I installed the Twister resonator yesterday because I did not like the "drone" and wasn't impressed with the loud V-6 sound. Unfortunately I did not make a recording of the exhaust without the resonator to compare (in hind-sight, I wish I had for everyone's benefit. Sorry about that).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds pretty good M361. Can you make a take off and drive by video for us?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
589 Posts
Bill- The sound of the MBRP 4" Exhaust has a really deep tone and not too raspy at the top which is impressive. Prop one of the better sounding exhaust systems I have heard on the EcoBeast (IMHO).

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
That's the biggest issue... The majority of all exhaust systems I have heard are a significant noise increase. It is much more restrictive, but I will be remaining stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Heartthrob was definitely the best sounding... I just can't get over the import sound of the majority of the systems off the line... I was thinking of removing the resonator and adding a nice 3" chrome tip. I am really digging the sound of the turbo whistle out of the exhaust and would like to increase that...hopefully it works or ill just throw the stock resonator back on

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased the 4" system from Solo Performance. It's currently sitting on my kitchen floor. From a construction standpoint, it is obviously a quality product. It's stainless steel and very well put together. In the end, I chose this system as it seemed to have the fewest reports of "Drone". This will be the first of my mods for this truck, which will include a CAI and a tuner from Livernois. The exhaust was the first to arrive. So, I reckon I'll get to make a very unscientific measure of the improvement provided by each mod, since the installations will be staggered. I'll post my impressions in a few hours after completing the installation.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That has a nice growl to it... A Lot deeper than I was expecting from what we are use to hearing on the aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just purchased the 4" system from Solo Performance. It's currently sitting on my kitchen floor. From a construction standpoint, it is obviously a quality product. It's stainless steel and very well put together. In the end, I chose this system as it seemed to have the fewest reports of "Drone". This will be the first of my mods for this truck, which will include a CAI and a tuner from Livernois. The exhaust was the first to arrive. So, I reckon I'll get to make a very unscientific measure of the improvement provided by each mod, since the installations will be staggered. I'll post my impressions in a few hours after completing the installation.

You have a update for us?! Really want to know what people think of SW products!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the heartthrob on my 2012 and absolutely love it. It took me forever to make my decision but, after checking out the dynos I chose the heartthrob. I listened to 1000 sound clips but once I got the system on it sounded WAY better then I have ever heard online. It finally has a deep v8 sound and if you have a 2-stage cai (I have the AFE) you will really hear the waste gate and the eco boost will finally sound like it performs.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
F-150 Ecoboost Exhaust-Corsa DB (Resonator Deleted)

wow that sounds a lot better than expected. I'd like to hear WOT and drive by though. That's where the pain begins lol.

somebody send me to the link for a 3" to 4" RBP exhaust tip! I can't find one...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Solo performance 3" off road downpipes & afe 4" cat back
At idle and revving:
Driving, 20 kph to 100 kph WOT
Driving 0-60 kph

1 - 20 of 930 Posts
About this Discussion
929 Replies
211 Participants
Josh/AWE
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing