F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

881 - 900 of 930 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Need to get a video, but did a res. delete with 3 inch from the flange into a 3" center\offset 5X8 Magnaflow. Great mild idle, nice purr at cruse with no drone, and wide open lets you know its there without being Honda Buzz

·
Registered
35 Posts

My newest install/ upgrade. AFE Atlas 4 inch Cat Back.. AFE Stage2 CAI and a 5 star tune for both (rev limited to 4000 RPM in park and neutral) but idle, 4000 RPM then 2500 RPM

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
here is my Roush cat-back with 2 Vibrant resonators installed. It was stupid loud before i put them in, I accidentally ordered two, so i just put them both in, one before and one after the Roush muffler.

I wish my truck sounded like this... this was my X5 M-Sport, which was also a 3.5L Turbo, sounded amazing... i don't know who makes the mufflers for BMW, but both my X5 and my 135IS sounded sick... i wish my F150 sounded this good...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone used the Magnaflow 19052 or 19053 exhaust for their 2.7? From what I have heard on the YouTube sound clips this is a nice mellow tone that is very quite in the cockpit.
Thanks,
Terry

2016 F-150 SC FX4 2.7 Ruby Red

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone installed the MagnaFlow 19052 or the 19053, if so how do you like it? I am looking for a better sound yet quiet in the cockpit, within reason.
Thanks
2016 F-150 SC XLT FX4

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I have the 12579. I think it's probably the quietest one you'll find. Sounds very good.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I have 3" from the y pipe back and a Magnaflow 12289 muffler and no resonator. The 12289 is the muffler Magnaflow uses on all their F150 cat-backs. Sounds good and beefy at a cold start but just noticeable at speed, and can be easily talked over in the cab. I had a local muffler shop do the work so it's not a true Magnaflow cat back but all the ingredients are there. It does open up a bit when the gas pedal goes to the floor.

I'll try and get a sound clip soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's a video I did last year on my newly installed Corsa DB exhaust with Ford 2.5" resonator delete pipe. One of the best sounding setups I've heard in person, IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds good! So that's not a full cat-back then if you had to do a resonator delete?
The Corsa DB is technically a resonator back system technically. Some exhaust manufacturers include a 3" pipe to get rid of the resonator, but most are meant to be installed behind the OEM resonator. So, you have to buy the complete exhaust and then get the OEM 2.5" or an aftermarket 3" pipe if you want to ditch the resonator.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
GRIMM REAPERS - Full Race catted Down Pipes and custom 3” Flowmaster dBX Laminar Flow Muffler”

I've heard this in person & when he took off. No rasp. Just a nice mellow tone.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Mr 2Canches ... doesn't it make you wish you had a new Ecoboost?

PS: This was at 3,500ft at nearly 100*F temps in Northern Mexico

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I'll have to get a video up. I went with a 3" MBRP cat-back, but swapped the resonator for a 6" round Magnaflow (Part# 12619) muffler. Very mellow, but you still know it has an exhaust. absolutely zero drone. Wife approved.

·
Registered
642 Posts
made a video with some rolling audio.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I need video, but installed the mbrp 4 inch with a resonator. At first i Could easily see the complaints on the drone. But i decided to say screw it, and welded in the muffler and tail section. Holy crap if the drone is reduced so much that my woman only noticed that under throttle changed to a deeper sound over the 3 inch magnaflow i had on there. With out welding it i would have been like many others whom were complaining of the sound. at 60 - 85 mph just a light suddle tone can be heard.

now if i was towing a lot I would want a different resonator over the vibrant " Standard". Not enough holes in the chamber to do much if anything at all.

881 - 900 of 930 Posts
About this Discussion
929 Replies
211 Participants
Josh/AWE
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing