F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

941 - 952 of 952 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
CodyCat- Sound very similar to my setup, I have the catted solo downpipes, 4'' Heartthrob 4'' exhaust with a 30'' Diamond eye resonator. I still need to hear it from outside but chances are, I'm going back to my Raptor exhaust.
I feel obligated to post an update video with the Turbosmart Raceport. Also a new tune revision, and a partially brake-boosted 4wd launch

Reactions: Maui4x4 and Toennee

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
I totally forgot about this thread.

2019 3.5 with a 3" resonator delete pipe and swapped the oem muffler for a Carven rt 3" muffler
Surprisingly quiet at highway speed’s

Wot drive by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Admodistrator
2,551 Posts
How much of the exhaust? The down pipes will definitly be different.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
How much of the exhaust? The down pipes will definitly be different.
I was wondering too.

I recently bit on that Full Race "exhaust", and it's listed as fitting trucks from 2015>on.

Which implies that the exhaust fitment changed from pre-aluminum to aluminum body.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Admodistrator
2,551 Posts
I’m not sure on that Snake, I was just thinking about the difference between the Gen1’s and the Gen 2’s.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
I’m not sure on that Snake, I was just thinking about the difference between the Gen1’s and the Gen 2’s.
Yea, I'm guilty of defaulting to fitment issues as Gen1 VS Gen2. (drivetrain) Which would have meant the cutoff dates would have been 2017>on

But since it's 2015, it's not the motor, but rather the body generation.

·
Admodistrator
2,551 Posts
My initial remark was with respect to @Carlos question about 2014 and 2019‘s being different. You shifted gears on me but I’m following you now.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
No worries.

It's Carlos question about whether a stock exhaust from an 2019 fitting a 2014 that made me realize that until recently I would have automatically pondered that question from the motor difference, rather than the truck geometry difference. I'd have been wrong, it appears.

Both might be an obstacle, of course, but since a 2015 has a Gen1 motor and a 2017 has a Gen2, yet the Full Race exhaust fits both, I'm guessing that implies that the downpipe ends for both motors in the same spot and have similar fittings?

·
Admodistrator
2,551 Posts
I obviously have no idea what the FR exhaust looks like going on under there. I do seem to remember someone talking about FR’s product and a very tight fit going around the corner of the trans pan. I don’t think I’m just making that up. I think I read it on this site.

·
Admodistrator
2,551 Posts
Snake I know we’re not talking apples and apples here on year of truck. I did a quick search and Reaper mentions the tight fit around the trans of the FR in this thread on page 3 though all was well. He seemed to think they made a noticeable difference.

941 - 952 of 952 Posts