F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just starting doing research on aftermarket exhaust systems. Has anyone installed the Corsa exhaust? I like the fact they mention this exhaust has zero drone.

Corsa-f150-ecoboost-exhaust.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the AFE 4", lots of drone I'm fixing now. The Solo system video has virtually no drone. I'm buying their J Pipe and muffler to get rid of my drone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi from AZ. . . I'm also looking into exhaust deals. Saw on Speed channel's "Gearz' show a system from Heartthrob (I think) exhausts and a cold air intake pkg too. I'm interested in almost stock quiet & they didn't crank it up to tell what it sounded like, soooo...? If you go to Speed.com I think you can pull it up under the show name. Thanks for starting this thread, I'll be watching, regards, Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi again from AZ. . . went to 'hearttrobexhausts.com' & they have an install & dyno ck to look at. Looks like some gains in both HP & torque, and they claim a test by someone else showed 1.1 add'l mpg. wasn't too loud either, but it ain't cheap. The Corsa sys is $900. @ Summit, trying to get an actual price from Heartthrob, will post same.....Regards, Craig

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Check out the stainless works exhaust. Very nice tone and made of high quality materials. They have a bunch of videos on YouTube. It's very similar to our custom made magnaflow but ours was 4in.

We are having a special on them 10% off for thanks giving. Coupon expires tonight though.

http://www.makperformance.com/swe-ftecocb.html

Coupon code: sw10

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adrian, you can post videos just by coping and pasting the youtube URL into the message.

Your exhaust sounds wicked! Nice deep tone. Doesn't even sound like a V6 anymore.

Do you have any dyno results?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, me again. . . I had an almost immediate response to email from Heartthrob. The aluminized steel cat back 4" system from factory is $477 + shipping. The 409 St St 4" sys w/5" S.S. tip is $775. + ship. Nice looking stuff. regards, Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the 4" Heartthrob exhaust installed a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. Great sound (a little louder inside the cab, but worth it).

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Adrian, you can post videos just by coping and pasting the youtube URL into the message.

Your exhaust sounds wicked! Nice deep tone. Doesn't even sound like a V6 anymore.

Do you have any dyno results?
An outside source tested the SW catback along with various other catbacks. The Stainless Works 3.5in Catback produced the most horsepower among the exhaust tested. Catbacks in 3in 3.5in,and 4in were tested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg I have a costum set up that I pieced together and got my muffler shop guy to put together it is a 4" system with the afe muffler and a 6" powder coated black tip it's has no drone and no exhaust leak I'm wanting to sell it Cus I don't want the noice anymore. If interested ill send you pics message me for more info.
tyler

·
Registered
13 Posts
A friend of mine installed a corsa system, the sound is great very masculine, and he claimed to gained 2 hp more.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you ever have some free time, could you post some sound clips?

View attachment 226 View attachment 225 I have a costum set up that I pieced together and got my muffler shop guy to put together it is a 4" system with the afe muffler and a 6" powder coated black tip it's has no drone and no exhaust leak I'm wanting to sell it Cus I don't want the noice anymore. If interested ill send you pics message me for more info.
tyler

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Heart Throb 4" catback exhaust with a 5" Stainless tip on my 2011 F-150 EB Lariat. It sounds great! I did as much research as I could on YouTube with various other systems. I too went to Heart Throb's website and they actually have videos as well. In town it has a much deeper sound. There is however some minor drone. AT Hwy speeds you don't even know it is on there. If you are looking for quiet and performance in an exhaust on a V-6....Good luck! I also have an Airaid CAI on my truck. Contrary to what is advertised by both companies I have not noticed any drastic improved MsPG. But, my truck sounds awesome! Heart Throb builds a quality product. And the price was roughly $500. I ordered mine through AutoAnything.com

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's a good sound clip of the heartthrob 4" exhaust:

Sounds awesome, I just kinda worry about drone??

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

Real happy with my 2012FX4.

I am considering the Airaid intake and hearthrob exhaust system but being in wacky California I am wondering if adding aftermarket parts will mess with the silly smog check when it comes up. Anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff?

Also, not really familiar with the drone that people are talking about here. Is it the slight whining noise heard in the previous video? Turbo spinning?

Thanks,

JB

JB

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have had the 4" heartthrob system on my fx4 for almost 1 year and about 30000kms on it. I love it! It is a bolt on unit,did it myself it was pretty easy. only problem I had was connection over the axle kept shifting position on me and vibrating against the spare tire shroud(not much room to fit 4" in there). Went to the local exhaust shop and had them weld out that section,problem solved and well worth it. I never have had a exhaust make such a difference in power as this one does. And I like the sound too>

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
44 Participants
Carlos
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing