F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some point is like to get some black heads and tails. Mostly for looks and big time because im really not impressed with the stock halogens output. I'm not quite brave enough to retrofit my own, plus if have to get some spares anyway. I have looked on amazon and found some for about $250 for heads and $200 for tails that I like. My only concern is that these might be cheaply made and not last. Does anyone have any ideas of what are good quality for about $200 a pair?

KCCO!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff ain't cheap bro and cheap stuff is almost never good. IMHO don't do it. If you want "black" either buy some Harley halogens and do a slow gradual retrofit like Pinero and some of the other guys, or take yours apart and paint them.

IMHO most of the aftermarket stuff is cheap crap.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk
Alright. Thanks.

KCCO!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I agree 100% with Vol when it comes to the heads, but when it comes to tails you can get some pretty nice after market sets.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some perty sweet tails on amazon for $160 but I'm afraid they won't match the heads and look goofy

KCCO!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I found some perty sweet tails on amazon for $160 but I'm afraid they won't match the heads and look goofy

KCCO!
Pulling them apart really isn't too bad, and painting is even easier.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

KCCO!
Once again...only my humble opinion....but this is what I got for my truck. $122 for FACTORY FORD HD/Raptor tails: 2010-2014 Ford F-150 Blackend Taillight Kit (Pair)

Hard to beat....and FWIW...I have several customers that sell those LED tails in several different brands. The consensus is that they are generally pretty pricey, and the defect/return rate is totally out of whack.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Once again...only my humble opinion....but this is what I got for my truck. $122 for FACTORY FORD HD/Raptor tails: 2010-2014 Ford F-150 Blackend Taillight Kit (Pair)

Hard to beat....and FWIW...I have several customers that sell those LED tails in several different brands. The consensus is that they are generally pretty pricey, and the defect/return rate is totally out of whack.
I'm extremely satisfied with my Recons, but the price still makes my wallet wince...

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. I did not expect a pair of those to be so cheap. Thanks vol.

KCCO!

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yeah, I read through all of that before I bought them, but there just isn't much choice when it comes to LED tails.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Yeah, I read through all of that before I bought them, but there just isn't much choice when it comes to LED tails.
10-4. That's why I went the way I did and installed LED bulbs....but then of course I had to put some GOOD LED lights in my rear bumper, because after I got my front windows tinted (legal too I might add)....I couldn't see $#!t backing up! They sure do look pretty tho....:cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
lmao, Good is debatable in this case...

With my windows tinted and tails tinted, I wouldn't be able to see anything if it wasn't for my back up camera.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Just got a good deal $425 shipped for raptor heads and tails brand new.

Can't wait. Wife can lol.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Hopefully I don't get hooped. Did them privately through a fella in leth bridge Alberta.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts