F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Do any of you know of a decent aftermarket backup camera? I really wish I had the factory one, but it was very difficult to find a maxtow in my area, so I didn't have much choice of options.

I have searched the web and there are many choices for these after market cameras but I would like some real world recommendations.

Thanks,

SPPD

Reactions: Siggyfreud

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike,

As I read this I am directly across the street from Advance Auto Parts. I will check it out after this birthday party.

SPPD

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got the crime stopper brand rear view mirror monitor and tail gate handle camera. The whole setup only cost me $210 whereas factory setup would have been $900!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jared,

Do you have a link to where you got yours? I found a couple at Advance Auto today, but I am still wanting to research a little more.

SPPD

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rear view Mirror

camera

Prices have gone up a bit since I got mine. Make sure you research how to take off the factory rear view because there is a trick. The only way you can tell my set-up is aftermarket is the camera is black and my tailgate handle is white. I used heat shrink on all the connections to keep water out. I only ran one wire through the firewall right next to the brake booster, there is a big rubber gromet. There are 2 wires on the camear wire that you have to clip one to wire to flip the image and one for the distance lines if you want that option. It works great and saved me a lot of money!

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually bought a cheap Peak Wireless one from the clearance pile at Menards. It works for hitching up quite nicely.

SPPD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts