F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'13 F-150 Kodiac Brown XLT Screw HDPP
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yá'át'ééh;
I've searched through all of the towing & accessory forums and did not see anything about the use air bags and/or any type of helper springs. Those of you that have added either / or to your truck would you do the same again or would you switch and use the other. Please tell we why you feel that the air bags you put on your truck are better than the using one of the many types of helper springs, or vice versus. I looking for a consensus on which is a better system to use to help level a truck. If you use helper springs, which type or which brand of air bags?

Thank you
Milo

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yá'át'ééh;
I've searched through all of the towing & accessory forums and did not see anything about the use air bags and/or any type of helper springs. Those of you that have added either / or to your truck would you do the same again or would you switch and use the other. Please tell we why you feel that the air bags you put on your truck are better than the using one of the many types of helper springs, or vice versus. I looking for a consensus on which is a better system to use to help level a truck. If you use helper springs, which type or which brand of air bags?

Thank you
Milo
I have installed Roadmaster Active Suspwnsion on my truck. In my opinion it was simpler and less problem prone than air bags. I have not really taken my travel trailer on a long enough trip to give a good assement of the the improvement in towing stability yet. JMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am considering Firestone Ride Rite air bags. I found them online for around $320 Shipped. After adding the level kit up front, any weight on the hitch makes it look like she is struggling. I had the air bags on my old 05 f150 back in the day and loved them! If you can afford it go air bags with an on board compressor, if not do just the bags. I have buddies with the helper springs and they like them, but having the ability to level your different loads day to day by adding or removing air seems so much more worth the money to me!

Reactions: tazzracing1

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have installed Roadmaster Active Suspension on my truck. In my opinion it was simpler and less problem prone than air bags. I have not really taken my travel trailer on a long enough trip to give a good assement of the the improvement in towing stability yet. JMHO

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have only used the air bags. Looking to set up this truck. I will check into your suggestion on the active setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am still researching this option of adding some sort of help to the suspension. I plan to move up to a 5er in the spring.
Went to my local spring shop and explained my options and they recommended adding a helper spring, like you see on the F350.
They claim they have done a few of the F150s and the ride will not change. They sell the air bags and timbrens kits but they do not recommend installing either one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can also order the HD payload package rear leaf springs, straight up bolt on upgrade.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am still researching this option of adding some sort of help to the suspension. I plan to move up to a 5er in the spring.
Went to my local spring shop and explained my options and they recommended adding a helper spring, like you see on the F350.
They claim they have done a few of the F150s and the ride will not change. They sell the air bags and timbrens kits but they do not recommend installing either one.
Check out Roadmaster Active Suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts