F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have decided I hate the look of the front air damn under the bumper. I am going to remove this afternoon. But before I do since I do not have the Off road package and I have not added my own real skid plates in the front. Does anyone think I have to worry about high speed winds moving any parts around? or water getting anywhere its not supposed to get? granted it is under the truck so i would hope everything is designed to get banged up, wet and rowdy down there. you

feel free to post your thoughts or experiences in detail please. also I am aware of the MPGs potentially changing at higher speed........seriously I drive a truck with a leveling kit and big chunky tires.....at this point mpgs arent even in my vocabulary. :)

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
pulled mine, one of the best free mod there is IMO

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I haven't noticed any drop or air/water temp increase after removal. Save it so you can put it back on of you want. It's too 15mm lock nuts...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
You guys are so nice~ lol! So seriously no mpg drop? If that's the case that sicker is gone today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Dude if your truck is bone stock in might hurt a teeny bit at extended hiway speeds. But it looks soooooo much better without it.
Just do it. You can always put it back. It bolts on.

June 6 is the 70th anniversary of D-day. Whatever you do, remember those guys. And be thankful for your freedom!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I haven't noticed any drop or air/water temp increase after removal. Save it so you can put it back on of you want. It's too 15mm lock nuts...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Wait...we are talking about two different pieces I think

June 6 is the 70th anniversary of D-day. Whatever you do, remember those guys. And be thankful for your freedom!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Wait...we are talking about two different pieces I think

No, I am pretty sure we are speaking of the curb scraping air dam. There is talk that the dam helps direct air to the CAC and engine bay helping cool the air and water temps. I think that is bogus.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
No, I am pretty sure we are speaking of the curb scraping air dam. There is talk that the dam helps direct air to the CAC and engine bay helping cool the air and water temps. I think that is bogus.
10-4. I just was thinking it was more bolts but I took mine off a long time ago. I have no idea why it's still it my garage!

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
65 Posts
For easy removal......just forward & reverse on said curb until scraping noise stops.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.