F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Lariat Supercrew 3.5 EcoBoost with Max Tow
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 lariat screw with auto climate controls. This winter shortly after startup I would hear a stuck 'pop' noise from what sounded like the HVAC system in the passenger dash area. I found a way to replicate it, so when I was replacing my cabin air filter I checked it out. Every time I hit the recirculate button, when the door begins to move it makes this popping noise. The first time is always the worst, each time I hit the button it is a little quieter for some reason. It only happens when I turn the function on, not off. Everything else seems to be functioning fine, not over traveling, etc. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
2019 lariat screw with auto climate controls. This winter shortly after startup I would hear a stuck 'pop' noise from what sounded like the HVAC system in the passenger dash area. I found a way to replicate it, so when I was replacing my cabin air filter I checked it out. Every time I hit the recirculate button, when the door begins to move it makes this popping noise. The first time is always the worst, each time I hit the button it is a little quieter for some reason. It only happens when I turn the function on, not off. Everything else seems to be functioning fine, not over traveling, etc. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Any fix ? I have the same sound

·
Registered
2019 Lariat Supercrew 3.5 EcoBoost with Max Tow
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Cmurra6745 no I haven't fixed it yet. I'm over 36,000 miles so I'm not counting on Ford to fix it, and if I've been reading the correct stuff online the replacement for one of those is rather involved. Seems like the entire dash needs to come apart but it's now done it in the summer and winter so some day it may annoy me enough I try to fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Cmurra6745 no I haven't fixed it yet. I'm over 36,000 miles so I'm not counting on Ford to fix it, and if I've been reading the correct stuff online the replacement for one of those is rather involved. Seems like the entire dash needs to come apart but it's now done it in the summer and winter so some day it may annoy me enough I try to fix it.

yea mine does it every 15 seconds while the heat is on .. but not the ac interestingly enough... if i turn the music up it goes away though haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts