F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Not that I have seen but I have seen lots of people put the LED light bars in the open spot. Looks super sharp, functional and no one has posted in ill affects to air flow.

Not that I have seen but I have seen lots of people put the LED light bars in the open spot. Looks super sharp, functional and no one has posted in ill affects to air flow.
I have a VisionX 6500 lumin LED lightbar there and have not noticed any difference in the actual air flow or response from the truck when I get on the gas a little. It looks very clean to do it that way in my opinion.

I have a VisionX 6500 lumin LED lightbar there and have not noticed any difference in the actual air flow or response from the truck when I get on the gas a little. It looks very clean to do it that way in my opinion.
No doubt it does! And Welcome to the Site. Looking forward to doing some light installs in the future!

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting

Here is a pic of the installed light bar. I will make an install guide later on.

There are lots of different styles out there on e-bay and amazon.. hard part is deciding what looks best. you can spent as low as 45.00 to 200.00.. I am still looking at every ecoboost that passes by to see what they have. Ford dropped the ball here... in my opinion. should have never left factory without one. good luck

Has anyone noticed the black carbon deposit in the tail pipe outlet? We have a 2013 eco boost and drive it at highway speed the majority of the time. We have 3000 miles on the truck and find that carbon build up over time can do a lot of engine damage. The truck is great other than that and we have not taken it back yet for the first oil change. Thanks for any input. Bob In LA.

Has anyone noticed the black carbon deposit in the tail pipe outlet? We have a 2013 eco boost and drive it at highway speed the majority of the time. We have 3000 miles on the truck and find that carbon build up over time can do a lot of engine damage. The truck is great other than that and we have not taken it back yet for the first oil change. Thanks for any input. Bob In LA.
Bob- From what I have seen it is pretty common on the first couple of 1000 miles regardless of the drving style and environment to have some black carbon looking build up at the tip of the exhaust. I had the same thing going on but has almost completely gone away. Motor seems to run a little rich off the get go but balances out with time. Again I don't think you have anything to worry about as they have run the EcoBoost through the ringer that most owners wouldn't even come close to achieving in the lifetime ownership. Unless it is a massive about of build up and chunkes are flying out the exhaust like a Modded out Diesel there shouldn't be any issues.

Oh Welcome to the Forum great to have you with us!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.