F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am looking at doing a lift on my truck. What I want is a 4 inch lift. My wife, not liking lifted trucks very much (not being a very tall person is part of the problem), has pretty much said that if she can't get in it easily then it is a no go. So, I came up with the idea of doing an air ride suspension that allows me to do the lift while being able to deflate the bags back down to stock height. This would keep her happy, very important, and give me what I want to be happy at the same time. Does anyone know of any systems that can achieve this or am I chasing a pipe dream here? I want to have the off road clearance with out making the wife unhappy. Not to mention that being able to go back down to stock height would give me the ability to keep my black top MPGs high. Any links or suggestions would be awesome. Thank you.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
We are a dealer for air lift, I can call them and see if they have a kit. They make some really nice parts. Here is a quick video of a mustang in our shop with there parts. AKsilverboost, forget the lift, lets lower it, im sure that will be great in Alaska!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL, a lowered truck here in Alaska is about as useful as a a pair of shorts in the winter. It works, but isn't really practical. Having the ability to lower and lift the truck for the use of the day is what I want. Can it be done? stock height to 4inch lift?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
However, I would have loved to do that to the challenger that I used to own and will own again someday.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I take it that no one has any ideas on how I would be able to accomplish what I have put forth in this thread?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you had any luck with your lift, particularly with the air bag idea? Absolutely love my truck, but got stuck on a really rough road while hunting, thought I was going to leave half my truck on the mountain, ha ha!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
However, I would have loved to do that to the challenger that I used to own and will own again someday.
69 dodge Charger, 440, six pack, hurst slap stick shifter. (that is all I can remember but it had more)
I'd give my left nut to get another one of those in the condition it was in.
But as with anything else there is a reason why all of my the speed toys are for off road use

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
waiddog
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing