·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this one was only 250$ vs. AFE I think was 425$. Air aid claims a gain of 39 ft lbs of torque. Which I am going after because I tow a 30ft TT. I also had o e on one of my previous Fords. Guess I am a creature of habit.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The Airaid is a good intake and a good price. Look at hearthrob exhaust or stainless works

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I hate to say this, but Cold Air Intakes don't add much of anything by themselves. The claims of 10-15% HP/TQ claims are utter BS. Almost always they include a PCM tune ... and thats where the power really comes from. Open air filters in a hot engine bay under the hood is not a cold air intake. Only if you can get the filter into the outside air stream will it add anything ... and it really isn't much ... without a PCM tune.

PS: In most cases, it isn't the CAI that gave the power ... a PCM tune on a bone stock engine will give more gains than any CAI (and even exhaust) with no PCM tune. On a turbo vehicle, I would go 4" single exhaust with a PCM tune.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Ya my AFE was 430 all said & done off the Bay

·
Registered
329 Posts
Very nice.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The intake alone won't add much power or mpg alone. It will add more induction noise than anything. If you combo a tune, exhaust, and intake then you will see the maximum gains. I'll give you one warning.... Don't drive a programmed truck if you don't plan on buying a program. It is like the plague..

·
Registered
868 Posts
i will 2nd Kc311
i tuned my last Triton powered F-150 and the difference from running the tune and running the stock setting was absolutely like driving a totally diff vehicle there was nothing that was not different it even sounded different in both air intake(induction noise) and exhaust tone just from the change in timing and fuel.
after all that you get firmer shifts and different shift points and there is no going back

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice upgrade. Did you notice any change in your mpg?
Well my wife and three kids went on a trip to Detroit MI about a week ago I drove 417 miles on half a tank ( 35 gal tank ) that comes out to almost 24 MPG at 69 mph. So I think it helped a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i will 2nd Kc311
i tuned my last Triton powered F-150 and the difference from running the tune and running the stock setting was absolutely like driving a totally diff vehicle there was nothing that was not different it even sounded different in both air intake(induction noise) and exhaust tone just from the change in timing and fuel.
after all that you get firmer shifts and different shift points and there is no going back
Do you and kc311 do a lot of towing, I noticed right away my throttle response was sharper than b4. Now as of the rest of my mods I plan on Doing more, I just don't feel like dropping 2 grand on up grades right away. A little at a time.,

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I do not tow much. I can't speak of any performance experience while towing as the most I will ever tow is 2 jet skis, a 24' boat, or 3 four wheelers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not tow much. I can't speak of any performance experience while towing as the most I will ever tow is 2 jet skis, a 24' boat, or 3 four wheelers.
I am just a little leary about programming, I'm going g to try the exhaust next and if I don't think its enough then I may look onto a programmer.I appreciate the input though, that's why I joined this forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I hate to say this, but Cold Air Intakes don't add much of anything by themselves. The claims of 10-15% HP/TQ claims are utter BS. Almost always they include a PCM tune ... and thats where the power really comes from. Open air filters in a hot engine bay under the hood is not a cold air intake.
FYI AirAid seals the "open air" from the engine bay with a gasket that contacts the hood. Also, can't speak for the other CAI makers, but AirAid does NO PCM tune when testing their kits. I've seen it in action. I bet Bill from Stage 3 has also.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393109326.942321.jpg

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Love old posts revived

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,517 Posts