F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally after a week and a half I got my ALKY Meth kit installed and let me tell you it is fricking awesome. This is going to be a quazi write up as I am not going into every aspect and detail, plus I didn’t take pics as I/we started the install.
First off let me say that the running of wires and bolting of parts pump, tank, head unit, etc., is all subjective and I’m sure everyone has their own ideas of where they want to mount these items.
I went with the ALKY as they have been in the Meth business a long time and have a proven record with the GM guys plus the ALKY kit also runs 100% Methanol. The kit itself is top notch and uses braided steel lines (I think mostly due to the running of 100% Meth) as well as other top quality products. You get everything you need in the kit with the exception of a tank mounting bracket, which was ok to me as I had my shop fab one up for me.
Laying everything out and starting the install was fairly easy getting everything mounted, running the wires through the firewall, pulling power from the fuse box…blah blah blah. Now after that the work begins…thank god I was at the shop and the owner has done a few of these before as the instructions seemed like I was trying to read a foreign language. This part of the install I thought was where an average guy would run into trouble and would be calling the company for advice.
Okay enough of this….we finally got the kit in and installed and had to deal with a few hick-ups that was not kit related but more of installer issues…..power staying on after key turn off and tapping into where the boost needs to be read for the controller, which I should say thanks to Boosted for getting the last part figured out as there was a shitload of pics sent back and forth. So after getting a few of the bugs worked out all I can say is WOW….this thing hauls ass, you can feel when the Meth kicks in.
I would say the ALKY kit is second to none in quality and functionality but needs some work as far as the install instructions go, in other words dummy it down for the weekend mechanic. If you are looking for a Meth kit I believe this company should be at the top of your list.
In conclusion I tried to give an honest review and I believe that this kit was worth every penny even with a few problems trying to figure out the instructions…..One last thing it was well after close of business hours this weekend when I needed some clarification on the install and I’m sure if it would have been a little earlier I could have called the company and they could have walked me through it.
......side note....I am making a face plate for the remote controller so you won't see the foam it will look like stock when I'm finished....

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More.................

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Rodney......

I forgot to post a pic of where I have the nozzle located....I'll post that later

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JJB now come over so u can help me install one. Man it looks like alot involved.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!
I love this kit but I think it's probably a little more complicated to install than some of the other ones....but since I've been there almost from the start of the install it seems simple now.....also everything is preset to get you started....then you just start fine tuning

·
Registered
76 Posts
Razors kits are top notch , most of the Turbo Buick / Grand National guys run his kits on 100% meth. and running in the nines and quicker.
Plus in Bowling Green last year I had a chance to work on a friends GN in the pits with Julio, afterwards we all went out for a few beers, good times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeez just ran the truck again and this meth system is sick.....I can't wait to get to the track. I can see this mod is going to cost money....lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Razors kits are top notch , most of the Turbo Buick / Grand National guys run his kits on 100% meth. and running in the nines and quicker.
Plus in Bowling Green last year I had a chance to work on a friends GN in the pits with Julio, afterwards we all went out for a few beers, good times.
When I spoke with Julio it sure seemed he knew what he was talking about.....I'm sure there are other nice meth kits out there but I'm glad I went with the Alky system...the power when the meth starts injecting is unreal.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Julio and his kit are God sends. His kit runs off of a 3 bar map sensor so you get progressive doses of alky to dam near 30psi of boost. Progessive doses of 100% Meth means you won't bog down due to the sudden appearance of cooling medium in your fuel that doesn't burn. Even 50/50 can and will bog you down if it comes on too fast. Being that 100% Meth burns like fuel because it is fuel it gives you the best of two worlds, quench and burn. Data log a run and report what the knock counts are....oh wait I bet I already know..ZERO. Enjoy your baddassed kit.:cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Very similar install to mine a few months back and it looks great! I am curious about seeing your nozzle install too. I am wrapping up the addition of a a second nozzle to my AFE charge pipe and will be spraying 1000 cfm once complete, as requested by MPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very similar install to mine a few months back and it looks great! I am curious about seeing your nozzle install too. I am wrapping up the addition of a a second nozzle to my AFE charge pipe and will be spraying 1000 cfm once complete, as requested by MPT.

Yea I got the idea from you on the tank placement...thanks....here are a few pics of the nozzle..

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^^You sir are correct.....Erick I will give you a call later.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is it just me or do the majority of the vendors on this site who build ecoboost project trucks avoid these meth kits? I haven't seen a single
Vendor advertise or promote these. What's the big deal? It seems like a cost effective upgrade especially for people looking to get the most out of their trucks.

Someone explain!!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Is it just me or do the majority of the vendors on this site who build ecoboost project trucks avoid these meth kits? I haven't seen a single
Vendor advertise or promote these. What's the big deal? It seems like a cost effective upgrade especially for people looking to get the most out of their trucks.

Someone explain!!
MPT Mike has it on his wife's truck...the same one that holds the record for fastest F-150 EB, at the moment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well as soon as time permits maybe this Thursday I will test it at the track as our local track has a test and tune scheduled this week. If it runs any faster at all it would be an improvement as since the last time I ran at the track was in the 50-60 degree range and if I get to go this week it will be in the 80 degree range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts