F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting some new tires and was looking for some opinions. The 3 I've narrowed it down too are the Firestone A/T, Bridgestone Rugged Trail T/A, and the Toyo Open Country A/T 2. I mainly drive on pavement but do go off road to fish and hunt any opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ran Open Country's in my 08 for a few years and loved them. They were good in the dirt and on the road. I put 40k miles on them before I sold the truck and they were still in good shape.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have the cooper AT3's.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I just went with the AT2s they look amazing, haven't mounted them yet. From the looks, they really redesigned the AT2 from the older open country ATs

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm going with the AT 2 also, 65k mile warranty, or 50k mile warranty on the extreme sizes is that much sweeter. They are quiet on the highway and off road they are excellent.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've the the Cooper AT3 on 3 different vehicles and couldn't be happier, great tire!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not on you're short lists - but I have always had really good luck out of Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are pretty good OffRoad considering they are a A/T. You will also get 70k plus from a set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not on you're short lists - but I have always had really good luck out of Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are pretty good OffRoad considering they are a A/T. You will also get 70k plus from a set.
Just did some research on them, $174 a tire from tirebuyer.com free shipping, but how much does it roughly cost to have tires put on somewhere if you buy them online? $150 a tire is great, especially when people guarantee 50-70k out of them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Just did some research on them, $174 a tire from tirebuyer.com free shipping, but how much does it roughly cost to have tires put on somewhere if you buy them online? $150 a tire is great, especially when people guarantee 50-70k out of them.
Like $80 for mounting and balance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Walmart I think is 12.50 per tire ( 7.50 m & 7,50 bal ). Plus they will rotate them for free from that day forward

·
Registered
315 Posts
What size are you wanting to put on there ? My last 3 sets I bought Used off of CL for 500-650 bucks with a few miles on them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone yeah ill check out Craig's list and see what I can find looking for 275/65/18

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've never ever heard of someone getting 70k out of the terra grapplers. Really I've only heard the opposite 30-35k. I know they are really bad for getting chopped and cupped which would be even worse if you are using a 2.5 or 3" "leveling" kit

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had 75k on a set on my Fx4 F350 Srw which weighed 11k. Another set on the same truck I got 45k on a set but did way too many burn outs !
The set I have currently on my FX4 EB have over 70k on them and are a little less than have tread. I bought them with 20k on them and I have put 53k on my truck since purchasing them. Also I have Always ran 10 ply tires to - they seem to last longer for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts