F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Generally speaking, most new technology that gets introduced is not always well received. For me, the Automatic Stop/Start feature is one of them. I can get used to pushing the deactivation switch on the dash but It certainly would not hurt my feeling if Ford had added an option to turn it off permanently.

·
Administrator
9,793 Posts
It could be smoother, but I don't mind it. Especially since I do have the ability to turn it off.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
We've covered this 1,768 times. If max Ac is selected, it won't shut the engine off. If normal Ac or heat are selected, and the cabin temperature rises or falls too much, it starts back up. If you don't like it, you don't have to ride around in 4x4. You can press the auto start stop off button.

You can also run a lighted hitch cover, or a whole host of other things.

IDK - Maybe the 2017's stay running with MAX AC ON, but my 2018 shut off when MAX AC is ON. The only time it doesn't shut off is when the engine is not fully warmed up, but all bets are off after that. As your sitting there and the AC blower is slowing down (Because its starting to blow warm air), it ends up shutting off also. Try sitting waiting for a Train to clear the intersection when its 105 outside. That's how I found out.

·
Administrator
9,793 Posts
IDK - Maybe the 2017's stay running with MAX AC ON, but my 2018 shut off when MAX AC is ON. The only time it doesn't shut off is when the engine is not fully warmed up, but all bets are off after that. As your sitting there and the AC blower is slowing down (Because its starting to blow warm air), it ends up shutting off also. Try sitting waiting for a Train to clear the intersection when its 105 outside. That's how I found out.
That would be an odd change for them to have made. Many people with a '15 or '16 have corroborated that max Ac renders the system off. If it's on max Ac, recirculating, and max fan speed mine is definitely off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have to concur with Storageman. My 2018 will shut off even with Max Air engaged. From what I've been reading here, I think the simplest solution is to go to Wally World (Walmart) and get a tow hitch receiver brake light and plug it in.

·
Administrator
9,793 Posts
Or push the button on the dash.

If y'all's trucks are truly cutting off when Max AC is engaged, you should take it in. That is a condition specifically listed by Ford under which it should not shut down. If "Max AC" is lit up on your knob and the fan speed is at max it should not be shutting off.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts