F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with experience with alldatadiy.com know if would be good to have for a dash removal project. I’m going to replace the actuators and evap core possibly the heater core coming up and need to know the details. Torque specs, and other technical information. Like what to do and what not to do. YouTube only goes so far and everyone has a different style dash. I have a 2013 FX4 with the flow through console. I have a good idea what to do but the devil is in the details.

Also if alldatadiy doesn’t suffice then perhaps anyone know of a good spot to get a reasonably priced ford service manual that’s within 2 years of revision? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess I’m just going to have to take a chance with alldatadiy and see what happens. I know this is a specific question about the product but anyone on here using it could look for me real quick. I’m not asking for log in information just needing a simple question answered. Thanks anyway guys.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
I would if I knew anything about it.

I got old and started letting fellas that know more than me look after my stuff.

It's a luxury, for sure. But one I have learned to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Torque specs for dash nuts/bolts?? Just tight until it feels right..I always say. It's just a dash. Remember, upon installation you'll end up with 4 extra fasteners, this is normal.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Why not just get the real manual straight from Motorcraft? Or, get factory-manuals.com to do their magic and download the whole manual for you. It's been very helpful on my 2018 doing complete console swaps, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would if I knew anything about it.

I got old and started letting fellas that know more than me look after my stuff.

It's a luxury, for sure. But one I have learned to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I hear ya. I like turning my own wrenches because it lets you become one with your vehicle. Plus it’s a good way to unwind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Torque specs for dash nuts/bolts?? Just tight until it feels right..I always say. It's just a dash. Remember, upon installation you'll end up with 4 extra fasteners, this is normal.
yeah I know there’s not much torquing going on with the dash. However I still like to have as much reference material for the job as possible. Especially since this will be the first dash I’ve torn apart, by the bolts anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not just get the real manual straight from Motorcraft? Or, get factory-manuals.com to do their magic and download the whole manual for you. It's been very helpful on my 2018 doing complete console swaps, etc.
I looked into that. I found one from motorcraft for a little over $200. I’m fine with that option too but I was curious how all data is in general also. This won’t be my only project with this truck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah I know there’s not much torquing going on with the dash. However I still like to have as much reference material for the job as possible. Especially since this will be the first dash I’ve torn apart, by the bolts anyway.
I had to do the heater core in a 99 Sonoma...wow... labor intensive. I had a few screws and nuts left over, at the end I didn't care. Are the parts bad?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to do the heater core in a 99 Sonoma...wow... labor intensive. I had a few screws and nuts left over, at the end I didn't care. Are the parts bad?
Yeah the actuator on the driver side is bad. Might as well replace them all while in there. Parts are not that costly. And the A/C and heat have a funky, mildew, moldy, stale cigarette smell to them. I quit smoking 5 years ago and I bought the truck used so I’d like to get in there and inspect and clean/replace the evap core.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah the actuator on the driver side is bad. Might as well replace them all while in there. Parts are not that costly. And the A/C and heat have a funky, mildew, moldy, stale cigarette smell to them. I quit smoking 5 years ago and I bought the truck used so I’d like to get in there and inspect and clean/replace the evap core.
It does suck how much stuff is inside the dash and how much work it is to fix.
Just last night my wife commented on a rattle in the dash, only heard when below 1,200rpm. It's been doing it since new and.it will do it until the day it's gone.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
All data is actually pretty cool. I borrowed a login from a buddy when I swapped my motor. It breaks down the procedures pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All data is actually pretty cool. I borrowed a login from a buddy when I swapped my motor. It breaks down the procedures pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks man. Looks I’ll go that route and if that’s not enough I’ll call the dealership to get a motorcraft service manual. Hell if all data doesnt suffice I’m only out $35 plus I’ll have it for 5 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts