F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And just broke 14 MPG average... lol.

image.jpg

My apologies I didn't add this to the existing MPG thread, tough posting pics from the phone.

·
Registered
900 Posts
:D, give her a few more miles and you will see a bigger improvement, mine was never that bad, my first tank was 16.8 and has went up steadily since then.. Now with 14,000 miles on it it gets 18.5 to 20.5 easily every tank

Here was my first tank

Then Third Tank

Fourth Tank

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was buried since the first few miles were all creeping around the dealer locations to get the truck prepped. I never reset the gauges since I took delivery... The first full tank has been an even mix of stop n go commuting. Maybe equal miles cruising on the highway, but the majority of the driving felt like it was city, stop and go .

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
There seems to be a variance in what some people believe each truck is capable of achieving. My truck gets good gas mileage and always has, but I'm a VERY calm driver. (I haul ass for my job on the city's coin). Some people say they baby it and slow roll but still get horrible mileage.

As the engine breaks in and you get accustomed to the truck, the mileage should increase.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have six thousand miles on mine and I get around 15 mpg in town have not had it on the highway yet. Getting ready to go on a trip to Idaho so I will see what it brings then.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damm stop light almost every block work I'm getting 10.9 but its doing better than 8.4 I was getting with the old suburban LOL

Sent from my EVO using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I reset the Avg. MPG after I filled up yesterday, and it shot way up when I pulled out onto the road home... a couple miles of 50mph speed limit with lights the whole way before slowing down to 35-40 for a mile or so before entering my neighborhood. Drove it back to work this morning, maybe 3-4 miles, and its fallen down to 14MPG average again in short order. We'll see how it goes.

I have been driving it really easy, barely been past 3k RPM a few times... but looking at the instant MPG, that doesnt always make the difference.... Babying it up to speed and taking longer to get there is just longer with the bar meter buried below 10 MPG... I can hardly see a difference in instant MPG while accelerating up to speed at 1/8 throttle vs. 1/2 throttle. ???

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I try and keep it below 2K RPM when shooting for mileage. These trucks start making boost at around 1200 RPM. I've tried the manual mode as well and shift between 15 and 1800 RPM. I can usually maintain about 16 when in town if I'm not constantly in the throttle. I run 55-70 while on the highway and get an average of 19-21. I use cruise on the flats and throttle back to keep it from downshifting when climbing hills. I take advantage of the downhill to regain my speed and reset the cruise.

Here's my numbers:
14.37 on the last fill with city driving, and an average over 9500 miles of 15.86. Been as low as 12.1 (-20*F for a few weeks) and high as 22.6.

I haven't reset the mileage meter for a few thousand miles and I have averaged about 17.4 overall according to the truck. This is mostly city driving with a few distance trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts