F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Alpharex Novas into my 2018 F150. I’ve adjusted the low beams on them and now need to adjust the high beams.
Does anyone know what tools are needed to adjust them? The website just shows an unclear image of the adjuster and doesn’t say much about it. Thanks in advance!
Product Camera accessory Automotive design Automotive lighting Flash photography
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
First off, beautiful truck! I would like a set of those Novas on my truck :)

Are you sure they need high beams adjusted separately? On the OEM headlights, the adjuster on top aims both high/low beams at the same time. I would suggest giving Alpharex a call to confirm and if you do need to adjust the high beams they could walk you through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, beautiful truck! I would like a set of those Novas on my truck :)

Are you sure they need high beams adjusted separately? On the OEM headlights, the adjuster on top aims both high/low beams at the same time. I would suggest giving Alpharex a call to confirm and if you do need to adjust the high beams they could walk you through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks AllWhiteEco! These headlights are so much better quality than the stock halogens, you won’t be disappointed!

I ran home on lunch and took off the wheel well liner to access that screw. It’s a star bit that a 5/32nd socket fits over and it does adjust the high beams only. Will be getting to adjusting those this weekend so I’m not lighting up the birds in the tree tops at night😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks AllWhiteEco! These headlights are so much better quality than the stock halogens, you won’t be disappointed!

I ran home on lunch and took off the wheel well liner to access that screw. It’s a star bit that a 5/32nd socket fits over and it does adjust the high beams only. Will be getting to adjusting those this weekend so I’m not lighting up the birds in the tree tops at night
Or, if you're not careful the Mars rover!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the ones on my 2017 there is that 8mm head bolt on top for the low beam adj and the same thing is way down near the bottom of the housing for the high beam adj. I ended up adjusting the high beam before fully installing them because I noticed that it was almost impossible to see the adj and even get to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have a problem adjusting the low beams on them? Have a set on a truck I just bought
I had no problems with the lows. The adjustment is on top like the stock lights. I got the truck as close to a wall as possible, put a piece of tape on the center of the light being casted on the wall. Back up 25’ and then adjust the top line of the beam to hit the tape. This needs to be done on a flat surface.
the beams do have a stair step beam pattern to them, so I adjusted the driver side first and then continued the stair step. It is okay for the passenger beam to be higher as they do not point into oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had no problems with the lows. The adjustment is on top like the stock lights. I got the truck as close to a wall as possible, put a piece of tape on the center of the light being casted on the wall. Back up 25’ and then adjust the top line of the beam to hit the tape. This needs to be done on a flat surface.
the beams do have a stair step beam pattern to them, so I adjusted the driver side first and then continued the stair step. It is okay for the passenger beam to be higher as they do not point into oncoming traffic.
I'll mess with them and see. I tried adjusting them with the adjustment screws on top and never noticed any kind of movement. But i wasn't pointed at a wall either. I was going off how i was able to adjust the headlights on my 2001 super duty. I'm just hoping that the adjustment screw isn't busted or anything cause then I'll be pissed at the dealership. I feel that's something they should've checked and made sure was working before letting me leave the lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts