F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something or is there no electronic (digital) speed indication while on cruise or otherwise. I have looked from the GPS to all over the gauge settings and do not see one anywhere? Heck even a cheap GPS unit shows your speed. Speedo being the only indicator seems archaic on a $60,000 vehicle. If there isn't one, then could it not be put into a GPS update?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you meaning the small speedometer with an arrow light that illuminates when you turn cruise on and off on the bottom left of the right gauge? Or are you wanting a second digital indicator of your speed along with the analog dial?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was thinking that if you enter the truck program command you could set up a digital speedometer for giggles and grins. I believe it was another post here on the forum where I had read how to do this.

As for me I kind of like the old style sweeping hand of a gauge speedometer, it keeps things simple. If I feel the need for a digital readout I could always use my ScanGaugeII. But, then again I'm not one that is big of redundant gauges or controls.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snowdog. Yes as with most vehicles, a second indication in a numeric format. I am aware of the green indicator when cruise is engaged.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I read somewhere that research has shown that most American drivers prefer a analog speedometer over a digital display. I personally like digital, but don't mind a regular speedo.

SPPD

·
Registered
537 Posts
I use Torque for Android and a Kiwi adapter. I'm usually watching water temp more than speed.
I have heard that, that is a nice program to use.

I picked up the new ScanGaugeII so that I could monitor the Boost of the Eco. I also have it currently set to monitor intake temp, engine load, and horsepower.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Snowdog. Yes as with most vehicles, a second indication in a numeric format. I am aware of the green indicator when cruise is engaged.
OK, I thought that was the case but there was a possibility of a bulb not working.
The dash of the Taurus is able to select what you want to view on each side of the speedo, it would be cool to have a choice of a graphical traditional speedo or change to a numeric readout in the same gauge. Just a little LCD screen is all it would take. What would be really cool is to leave the dash layout but instead of the needle gauges have small LCD screens for each and you could choose what you wanted to see where. Even go as far to have presets, one for on the road, one for towing, one for off road. I should be a Ford engineer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Snowdog
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing