F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading around i noticed most of you guys had to special order your f150. am i the only person that took one from dealer stock? or did i just get lucky that they had exactly what i wanted in stock and was able to get instant gratification?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought mine from dealer stock. Like you, they had what I wanted on the lot and I hadn't seen one like mine on any of the other lots.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I got mine off the lot. The only thing I changed was the tires. I didn't want the 20" Pirrellis so, the dealer changed for 18's.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Off the lot here, but my dealer did have around 100 on the lot alone, so lots to pick from!

·
Registered
191 Posts
after reading around i noticed most of you guys had to special order your f150. am i the only person that took one from dealer stock? or did i just get lucky that they had exactly what i wanted in stock and was able to get instant gratification?
Bought my Lariat 4x4 from the dealer lot. Wanted white, but NOT Oxford White and they had one in Platinum White so I leased it. Very happy with it so far except the fuel mileage. Had I known what the actual fuel mileage was on the Ecoboost I would have ordered one with a 5.0 engine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got mine off the lot as well. Went to several dealerships when they were closed and narrowed it down to the one I wanted. Took me a couple of weeks. Then on a Monday morning, called and told them which one I wanted to take for a test drive and to have it ready at lunch. I got there and it was sitting there ready and running. Gave them my keys to evaluate my old F150 for trade-in. Was gone for an hour. When I came back, he told me what he would give me on trade, I told him what I would pay for the new one, we shook hands and I picked it up after work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess it also helped me that my dealership had over 100 in stock. had a tough time picking the color between the silver or white. i went with the white cause all the appearance package extras really stood out more and it still had all the plastic wrapping on it inside.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Bought my Lariat 4x4 from the dealer lot. Wanted white, but NOT Oxford White and they had one in Platinum White so I leased it. Very happy with it so far except the fuel mileage. Had I known what the actual fuel mileage was on the Ecoboost I would have ordered one with a 5.0 engine.
Have you been back to the dealer and had the reflash done for emissions that is available ?
this is supposed to help with fuel economy, mine will be going in Oct

·
Registered
868 Posts
forgot to mention i test drove one off a lot but didnt care much for the salesman there so i walked away and didnt go back.
it was a good 6 months later till i found another lot to look around and i took the only Flame Blue they had on the lot outta about 60 trucks.
the salesman and manager their were willing to work with me and met me on the price i was willing to pay.

the only thing i didnt get that i had originally had myself convinced that i needed was power sliding rear window, 3.73 limited slip rear and i would have liked the 6 bar billet grill and some nice chrome wheels.
i am still undecided about the peg leg rear with E-locker and powdercoated alum alloy wheels.
nothing that a little elbow grease cant fix a yr or 2 down the road

·
Registered
47 Posts
mornin all,

mine was supposed to be from dealer stock but one of the other salesmen sold it when i was about to make a deal, however they located one at another dealer and traded one of theirs for it, the only difference was this one had no built in tailgate step, no biggie!! my eco is awesome!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went to the local Toyota Dealership to look at a used F150. Salesman was a world class Tool. I was so mad I went to the Ford Dealership and had a brand new one in three hours. Best impulse buy ever!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I got lucky with a dealer demo, wasn't the color I wanted, but I got 13k off sticker for the 2k miles they put on it.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
When I went to test drive I found the truck I wanted except it only had the 5.5' bed and I wanted the 6.5'. I almost settled but in the end decided to order.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nope I got mine of the dealer lot. I was not looking for anything special when I found the Gem Green one onthe lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used the Ford web site to build the truck I wanted and used the inventory search tool. Found my first ecoboost in Oklahoma City that way. The second one was about 40 miles from me. (OKC is 240 miles away) got exactly what I wanted both times and no waiting.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I had two trucks at two different dealerships I wanted.... A silver FX4 with appearance package '12 brand new... or a sterling grey FX4 '12 brand new.

The dealership with the FX4 appearance package wanted 44k OTD and would not budge in the least bit.

The dealership with the FX4 sterling grey wanted 41k OTD, before trade in.
I told the first dealership the price I received to see if they would match, they told me "I can't match that. That's a losing deal."
So needless to say, I walked out with a sterling grey FX4 for 36k after trade in.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I purchased mine off the dealer lot.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Dealer lot. Only option I didn't get that I kind of wanted was Max Tow. They didn't have one in Oxford White. I wanted it more for the mirrors than the tow rating. I will upgrade them soon. Not fond of the $1000 price tag per side for the 2013 mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got mine of the lot lol. Went in looking for something used ended up buying a brand new Eco boost

1 - 20 of 86 Posts