F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Ford's ambient lighting kit for my 2013. The Stealer printed out the 10 pages of install instructions and I will not tackle this as it requires drilling one CIP holder and one location on the center console for the control switch. I figure if they install and screw it up, they'll have to buy the replacement parts.
As soon as I get it in ill post a few on and off pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any update? I'm kind of interested in this as well, how much will that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it installed Friday, kit was $240 and they charged my an hour to do the installation. The instructions are pretty clear (dealer was kind enough to print out the 10 pages for me) but it goes involve done holes to be drilled so I let them do it; in case something went wrong they would replace the pieces that got ruined.
One pic shows the LED in the console.
Other shows the LED in the passenger footwell.
Last shows the light control switch
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361134037.518314.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361133906.570801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361134084.570583.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill snap a few night time picks. You push the control button to go through 7 different colors, to suite your mood or whatever!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hm...I like it! Don't like the price...it may happen eventually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought about getting the factory kit too.
Went with ledunderbody's instead. $67 bucks delivered.
4 light strips (2 under dash) & (2 under front seat pointing rearward for back seat lighting)

Comes with multible light colors/different mode settings (fade,music,steady) also a remote control to go to different settings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any pics of your lunderbody kit after installation?
No I don't, won't have the truck till the 1st week of March (delivery date). Ordered all my aftermarket add on's, so once I have it.
I can start installing them right away. Seen these in a truck show and looked great.:cool:

Will post a pic of them once installed.

KK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be carefull on instalation, the dealer who instaled mine hooked it up to the wrong wire and 2 days later i had no battery power, it drained my battery,dealer fixed the problem but it took 6 hours to locate and fix; terrebly inconveient

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
belvaty
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing