F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how durable these steps are? I usually don't get into anything too bad, but I've been known to sink my truck my truck to the rails when i do go play. I'm concerned the caked up mud will negatively affect the linkage and actuators on the steps. Should I swap out my factory steps for these, or hold out for a set of ADD Venom steps when i get my bumpers?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anybody know how durable these steps are? I usually don't get into anything too bad, but I've been known to sink my truck my truck to the rails when i do go play. I'm concerned the caked up mud will negatively affect the linkage and actuators on the steps. Should I swap out my factory steps for these, or hold out for a set of ADD Venom steps when i get my bumpers?
We love our power steps, I pulled the factory step bars off and installed the power boards in about 4 hours. They fit
perfect and were super simple to install. I have opened the doors while high centered and they just trip the control.
the hardware is good for 600 pounds and flying rocks have not damaged the finish yet. My wife loves them as they split the hieght into the truck perfectly, you can also get extenders for lifted trucks.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We love our power steps, I pulled the factory step bars off and installed the power boards in about 4 hours. They fit
perfect and were super simple to install. I have opened the doors while high centered and they just trip the control.
the hardware is good for 600 pounds and flying rocks have not damaged the finish yet. My wife loves them as they split the hieght into the truck perfectly, you can also get extenders for lifted trucks.
Thanks man, I love the clean look the give the side of the truck. Since i'm just working on performance parts and wheels/tires this overseas trip, this will probably fall into the eventually category we all have. lol, thanks again.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Thanks man, I love the clean look the give the side of the truck. Since i'm just working on performance parts and wheels/tires this overseas trip, this will probably fall into the eventually category we all have. lol, thanks again.
Well? Did you go with them?

boost Hard boost Safe

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well? Did you go with them?

boost Hard boost Safe
I'm leaning towards ADD at the moment. I've seen quite a few of these have issues with stripping gears once you start playing in the mud.

Reactions: Awdturbo4
1 - 6 of 6 Posts