1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
What are your plans for this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
5" is more than a little overkill. Whats that rated for? 1400 hp? Even if you have big plans that's still more than double what could be practically used in a 4x4 truck application.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Starting off with a 5" front mount core. We will be designing software, stage mapping, a real intake system, etc... :cool:
I like where you are going with this! That is almost identical to my truck! So it will be nice to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow! Going big but I am interested to see how the Beast turns out! For sure post pics as you build!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Reactions: Helwood3

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just out of curiosity has anyone been able to ascertain what the max HP output one could expect from the Ecoboost. I pushed a rod through the block of my '04 Lightning at 35k miles... 456 RWHP 517 TQ After a short block replacement I never pushed it past 415 RWHP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I live in South Florida and I have access to DynoJet Dyno and also a 4 wheel Mustang Dyno ;) me know if you need anybody to test your products down this way. I have always wanted to be a product tester but I guess that dream just never worked out for me... LOL!!! Intercooler looks sweet!

·
Registered
25 Posts
What kind of pricing are we looking at for that intercooler, I want to replace mine with my build, I just don't like the full race set up how it blocks everything..location is neat but meh lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like where you are going with this! That is almost identical to my truck! So it will be nice to see what you come up with.
Wow! Going big but I am interested to see how the Beast turns out! For sure post pics as you build!
Very nice
:cool:

I live in South Florida and I have access to DynoJet Dyno and also a 4 wheel Mustang Dyno ;) me know if you need anybody to test your products down this way. I have always wanted to be a product tester but I guess that dream just never worked out for me... LOL!!! Intercooler looks sweet!
What kind of pricing are we looking at for that intercooler, I want to replace mine with my build, I just don't like the full race set up how it blocks everything..location is neat but meh lol
Pricing will be released shortly.

Let us know if anyone has any further questions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just out of curiosity has anyone been able to ascertain what the max HP output one could expect from the Ecoboost. I pushed a rod through the block of my '04 Lightning at 35k miles... 456 RWHP 517 TQ After a short block replacement I never pushed it past 415 RWHP.
I was told by one of the guys from turbonetics/spearco that did the original r&d and prototyping on aftermarket product possibilities that they could handle 700whp daily with the right tune and still sustain a long length truck life. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I was looking into replacing the factory intercooler my main concern was not only better cooling and flow but lifting it from its lower position because I'm very concerned with its position when I'm Off road. Also I want to mount an aftermarket bumper and a winch on the truck? Is that even an option with this intercooler? Looks nice though and very good quality.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I was looking into replacing the factory intercooler my main concern was not only better cooling and flow but lifting it from its lower position because I'm very concerned with its position when I'm Off road. Also I want to mount an aftermarket bumper and a winch on the truck? Is that even an option with this intercooler? Looks nice though and very good quality.
Thank you for the kind words.

The bumper should have no problem bolting up as our intercooler system utilizes the factory positioning. Therefore if the bumper fits with the factory intercooler (most do), then it will work with our unit.

We are finalizing everything. Looking forward to posting our product release pictures. :)

Just giving the intercooler system some final touches.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts