F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Too lazy to screenshot the laptop or actually use it to get online lol
Yeah that's not high enough for the inlet tubes to really make a difference. On the 18s you won't see mass flow gains until you are over 60.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wonder why other ‘17 trucks have reported gains and mine isn’t responding? Tune holding something back or Something on my particular truck is at its mechanical limit...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wonder why other ‘17 trucks have reported gains and mine isn’t responding? Tune holding something back or Something on my particular truck is at its mechanical limit...
17s are more sensitive peak airflow on a stock turbo 17 is around 53 lbm/min the tubes allow for 58. 18s already have a peak airflow flow of 58 and the tubes allow for closer to 65, however anything over 60 is really starting to push what's safe.

As stated many times in this thread it takes a good tune to really take advantage if this product and you also need to be at the upper limit of the turbo to begin with.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Too lazy to screenshot the laptop or actually use it to get online lol
Wastegate DC may tell you more than airflow. Your turbos should be spinning slower for the same flow.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wastegate DC may tell you more than airflow. Your turbos should be spinning slower for the same flow.
Yes they should be, but wastegate duty cycle isn't always the best indicator of that unless you are matching all of the external conditions like temp, mct engine load etc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’m going to play around with the live link in a minute. Right now there are a few WG related things on the configuration files (including the one I was sent by BCB) but the values never change.

I understand efficiency, but speaking for myself, I’m not spending money to keep the trap speed exactly where it was lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
17s are more sensitive peak airflow on a stock turbo 17 is around 53 lbm/min the tubes allow for 58. 18s already have a peak airflow flow of 58 and the tubes allow for closer to 65, however anything over 60 is really starting to push what's safe.

As stated many times in this thread it takes a good tune to really take advantage if this product and you also need to be at the upper limit of the turbo to begin with.

So do the 17's need to be tuned to take advantage of these tubes, I just run the BCB Macgyver auto octane tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
I’ll need to do some more research to see where most folks tend to be at...
Wastegate duty is so dependent on a lot of things remember the truck is trying to hit the required airload, so it's going to move that wastegate duty cycle up and down to do so. So in the morning cold air you'll see a different boost level and different wastegate duty cycle than you will in the hot afternoon. Even gear to gear it'll be a little different.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Well **** I wanna make more more when it’s 30 outside! Live on gulf coast tx I don’t get to enjoy this very often lol
I know what you mean.

I've been driving the truck recently when I normally would be in the Miata. Those cold IAT's are addicting. The truck acts like a quarterhorse that you are holding the reins on. It wants to rip.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts