F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
You’re probably right, this is what would happen if the engine goes boom. However, I never heard of an engine failure using Amsoil, i’m not saying its impossible or away from a manufacturing defect, but unlikely.

If it’s the case and Ford warranty denied, Amsoil warranty would kick in, no need to hire a law firm. More hassle, true. But Amsoil offer a warranty exactly to compensate that risk ( thin). I wonder if Amsoil ever pay for a component after a manufacturer denied a warranty !?
You're right... most likely, Amsoil wouldn't be the proximate cause of the failure. But, let's say you get a problematic EB... maybe one with cam phaser issues or some other catastrophic problem. The failure would clearly not be due to the oil, so the Amsoil warranty wouldn't cover it. But, Ford would want to verify that you had been maintaining the engine properly... and when they discover the use of an inappropriate oil, bang, they'll deny you too. Now you're stuck in the middle, with a broken truck.

All of which could have been avoided using the less-expensive and properly-certified oils on the market like M1, PUP, etc., all of which are regarded as excellent oils.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I decided to do all the normal maintenance on my new truck myself. I never realized that I would need to keep all the receipts for what I've been using in case of some sort of failure.

So I should be keeping the receipts for the oil I buy and the filters and what else? I want to be sure I keep it all.

Luckily I started a maintenance log book for this Truck and so far ( 1 oil change ) I have kept all the receipts for everything I've purchased for the truck. Input would be appreciated. Would it be smart to run it through Ford every once in a while for regular service?

Also side question, how do I add the info for my truck down at the bottom banner like most of you have?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I decided to do all the normal maintenance on my new truck myself. I never realized that I would need to keep all the receipts for what I've been using in case of some sort of failure.

So I should be keeping the receipts for the oil I buy and the filters and what else? I want to be sure I keep it all.

Luckily I started a maintenance log book for this Truck and so far ( 1 oil change ) I have kept all the receipts for everything I've purchased for the truck. Input would be appreciated. Would it be smart to run it through Ford every once in a while for regular service?

Also side question, how do I add the info for my truck down at the bottom banner like most of you have?
I have a file folder for each vehicle, and I just dump everything in there. Oil changes, tires, brakes, warranty work, whatever. I have a local oil change place do the work, but they install my oil and filter (M1 and Motorcraft... I can get them cheaper from Walmart/Costco than I can from them) and note the type of oil and filter on the receipt for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Keeping receipts (oil, filters and other maintenance product related to owner manual recommandations) is a cheap assurance. 99% tou won’t need them.

Running through ford once in a while. Maybe, maybe not. Your choice. I hate to do something against my will just in case of potential liability. I feel No one can take care of my truck better than me.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Bottom line, Amsoil is the best oil you can get. There are lots of good oils but Amsoil is the best. You can run one of the other oils and be just fine for the life of the engine.

Check out "Project Farm" on youtube. Every oil test he does invloving Amsoil, it always is the best hands down and he usually puts specs on the screen/talks about it and Amsoil is always leading in whatever category. He is completely third party not paid testing random **** all the time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bottom line, Amsoil is the best oil you can get. There are lots of good oils but Amsoil is the best. You can run one of the other oils and be just fine for the life of the engine.

Check out "Project Farm" on youtube. Every oil test he does invloving Amsoil, it always is the best hands down and he usually puts specs on the screen/talks about it and Amsoil is always leading in whatever category. He is completely third party not paid testing random **** all the time.
First, that dip**** needs to quit talking in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Second, I'm totally believing that his testing methodology is better than teams of engineers with multi-million dollar laboratories at their disposal.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
multi million dollar laboratories say the same thing and it is proven around the internet and on the oil forum. Any third party testing shows Amsoil is the best. Just because it isnt officially API certified, doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
562 Posts
multi million dollar laboratories say the same thing and it is proven around the internet and on the oil forum. Any third party testing shows Amsoil is the best. Just because it isnt officially API certified, doesn't mean anything.
Then why doesn't a single automotive manufacturer, from the day-to-day Hondas all the way up to exotic one-off supercar builders, for whom money is no object, use Amsoil as factory fill? I mean, Koenigsegg, probaly one of the most exotic builders out there, is running Castrol EDGE in the 1360hp One:1. Bugatti runs a variant of EDGE in the Veyron. Etc. You would think *someone* would run it as factory fill if it were so amazing.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
You're sounding like MSNBC news. What I just said is a fact, it tests the best by multiple third party agencies in a variety of tests and it's formulation. How can you argue against that? A manufacturer not using them means nothing.

Manufacturers can have deals with those oil brands. We don't know the back stories why they select it but I can safely assume it has something to do with money. If Koenigsegg is the best, which you are insinuating, and they use castrol, why don't all the top car use castrol? Many highend cars use Mobil.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts